Please, Just Say I Love You (5)

Chapter Five

Hermione

"Are you absolutely sure, Tom? You have no idea?" She asked desperately.

"Sorry, Hermione, I didn't see their face," Tom said apologetically. "They had a cloak on and they made sure to hide."

She tapped her pen against her notebook out of frustration. "Do you at least know if they were male or female?"

"Male? Their voice was deep but they could've been disguising it."

"How tall were they?" She questioned.

"I don't know. About my height. Maybe taller." He held his hand just above his head. It wasn't hard to be taller than Tom. He was barely five foot six and even Hermione was taller than him.

"Mhm," Hermione hummed, writing it down. "How built were they?"

Tom thought for a moment. "Not sure but they looked strong... broad-shouldered. They did look muscular or that might've been the cloak."

"Okay..." She quickly added that to her notes. "Anything else you remember about this person?"

"Let's see they were tense like they were expecting me or someone to attack them and they kept their left hand deep in their cloak like they were holding or hiding something. Otherwise, there was nothing odd about them. Did I help any?"

Tom looked her in the eye and she saw a gleam of hope in them. "No, but it's all right. I'm sure they'll turn up soon." Hermione tried to sound optimistic but it sounded fake to her ears.

The search for the mysterious person who was kidnapped- saved? Borrowed?- she went straight into a dead end. Hermione already asked the minister who set up her appointment but Kingsley didn't know, then she asked his secretary. She apologized saying the person used a muggle phone and she didn't get a name from the person but they claimed they were a friend of hers. "Thanks anyway." She flashed a smile at him.

"Sorry I can't tell you more. It was past midnight and whoever it was waking me from sleeping."

"It's no problem, Tom. You did your best."

"I'm just glad it was someone who looked after you and not anyone who's looking for you," Tom said, making her shudder. She tried not to think of the fact it could've been a death eater or someone who had a problem with her like Pansy or Malfoy. If they did she was positive there no longer would be a Hermione Jean Granger.

She shuttered again trying to block out all the scenes that immediately popped in her mind. Hermione cursed herself for being so stupid that night. She was eternally thankful, as the minister said, that someone found her before anyone else did.

Her attention turned to her notebook.

    Mysterious Person

    Knows my size in clothing

    Claims to be a friend of mine

    Knows about my locked door and why I couldn't get into it

    phone called the ministry

    Vanilla and spearmint shampoo and body wash?

    More than likely male

    Maybe disguising a deep voice

    Tall??- Taller than Tom

    Could be muscular?

    Conclusion: This person has to know their way in the muggle world to use a muggle phone. The build of this man indicates he could be a quidditch player and he is more than likely close to me...