Please, Just Say I Love You (8)

Chapter 8

Hermione

Hermione's jaw nearly dropped to the ground. "Malfoy?"

Malfoy's eyes widened as he realized who she was. "What the hell, Granger." He shoved her away forcefully, making her stumble again and nearly fall before he grabbed her waist once again to steady her.

"What are you doing here?" Hermione asked, her eyes still wide with shock.

"I always come here to get my robes," Malfoy said scornfully. "The better question is, what are you doing here?"

"Isn't it obvious?" she answered, slapping his hands away from her. "I'm buying dress robes for school."

Malfoy's eyes traveled down her body, taking in the dress she had chosen. "You can't even afford that," Draco said, smirking a little. "I bet you can't even afford a pin for your obnoxiously big hair" she touched her hair self consciously "No less an extravagant dress made by the best."

Hermione took a step back, each blow making their mark. She felt her face growing bright red as anger swelled up in her breast. "You have not changed one bit, Malfoy," Hermione said through gritted teeth. "After all that has happened." Malfoy blinked at her hard words and cock his head a little with his obnoxious smirk that made her blood boil. Is that all you got? he seemed to ask. She wanted to say more but she knew better to provoke him. 

Turn the other cheek, Hermione, she thought. He's worse than scum. And he knows that. With that, she turned on her heel and marched back to the dressing rooms.

"Might as well buy that horrid dress, Granger," Malfoy called after her. "No decent  witch would want it after you've touched it. If you even have the money, that is."

She flung the gorgeous dress off her and stuffed it under her arm as she put on her normal clothing. Marching over to Ginny she ordered her to buy her dress so they could leave.

Ginny's brow scrunched in confusion. "But why?"

"Just do it," Hermione snapped, her voice breaking in the process. Without waiting for her friend, she walked away, her eyes brimming with tears as she went. Even after all this time his words still got to her. He will never change, she thought. Never in a million years.