Chapter One

Warnings:

Long chapter

Boy x Boy

High Chance of Foul Language

Disclaimer: I do not own Rihan or anyone in Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan. Julian belongs to a friend. This is a Modern! AU where Rihan has lived and Wakana has passed(I know I know she's nice but had to be done)

“I had a nightmare.”
“That's the second this week, Jude.”
“I can’t control them.”
The blonde nibbled anxiously on his thumb’s fingernail, to which the warden pulled gently from his mouth. “You’re gonna end up chewing your thumb off one of these days.” He chuffed, passing doors before halting at his own.
     “You can just, walk out of the room y’know, that’s wh-“
“Emergency button, I know.” The obviously nervous male huffed, stepping into his room and sitting on the edge of the bed.    
   “But you always take forever to show up, and my legs get stiff sitting around all night,”
  “So you should sleep.”
  “It’s hard to sleep since, Dez isn’t here anymore” The blonde muttered putting his finger back in his mouth, worrying the skin between his blunt teeth.
     “I know.” The warden responded, his voice going solemn. “We’re looking for someone Jules, I know you shouldn’t be in such a big facility but bear with it a few more days, can you do that?” A broad hand propped on his limp shoulders,
    “I don't have a choice.” He shrugged it off, saddened, and kicked back the comforter, curling under it. “I’ll leave the door open, if housekeeping tries to close it tell them I said it was alright. And remember, emergency button~ Goodnight, Julian.” Warden smiled kindly at him, turned on his heels, and walked out of the room.
    The light commotion outside his door being clearer noise with it open, helped him settle into the lonesomeness of his room and he sunk into the mattress, going lax and drifting into a dreamless sleep.

Rihan opens an eye, having heard the conversation from his perch on a tree outside the window. He didn't look over to see if the window was blocked by a curtain or not however he did stand and jumped from the tree. Landing on his feet he walks to the front of the built to glance at the name before looking for an open window. Once finding one he slips inside and looks for the front desk while using his ability to be unseen by the nightshift workers even as he swipes a job application.

The ebony haired male then walks to the visitor waiting area to sit at a table. He uses a nearby pen to fill out the form and specifies that he has experience with people who possess anxiety illnesses. Once done he slips it into the tray for job applications then slips back out of the building to return to the Nura Mansion.

The sun piercing through the translucent windows and practically slapping Julian on the face when he woke up was what got him out of bed. He slammed shut his curtains and chuffed irritably. Back on his bed, the young man stretched, cracking his sore spine and humming at the release. Plopping into the sheets where he’d love to dose back off but knowing breakfast would be served soon and the savages he currently lived with would tear through it, he decided to eat early. Getting dressed in a grey sweater that hung on his shoulder and the short shorts he found extremely comfortable, he went to the bathroom across the hall from his room and pulled his toiletries from a small cubby that aligned the wall amongst many others. He settled the container on the porcelain rim of the sink and one by one brushed his teeth, bathed, groomed his hair and cleaned his face. Topping it all, he spritzed a light, sweet cologne and put the toiletry container cozy in the back of the cubby. Turning on his heels, he exited the bathroom and walked into a large cafeteria area, slipping past the doors and grabbing a tray. He grabbed his desired meal, passed the lady his old-looking card, and went to the back of the cafeteria. There he switched his food from tray to a go box, tossed the tray into a slot beside the boxes and left the cafeteria. On his way back to the room, the Warden halted him in his tracks. “We got someone we’re considering to put your care over. His name is Ryan* and he’ll be here later today to go through an interview with us. Afterwards you can meet him and tell us what you think. I dunno if we’ll release you to him as his entry is unexpected but we’ll see. Don’t make a mess on the bed, Julian.” And with that, he brushed past him into the break room. Jude worried his lip between his teeth, tearing his flesh anxiously. Going into his room, he set down the go box on his rolling table and popped it open, letting the freshly made food waft in mix of the incense he had lit earlier that morning.