California Love | Two

November 22nd, 1991
IngleWood, Cali
Los Angeles Bus Station Reserve
12:41 am.

Tupac |

I hopped off the train feeling weaker than a bitch. I haven't ate nothing but chips and soda and a nigga was hungry and tired.

" sir- right this way " the lady in the short skirt directed me around the station.
They had it fancy in here. The ones in New York ain't have no typa assistance.

" Do I get some of that food? " I asked her eyeing the soul food they had displayed on the tables.

It was like a rest stop in this bitch.

" Only if your on the VIP list, if not keep following that arrow and it will lead you out. Have a nice night .." she said directing the next person behind me.

I smacked my lips as I walked past the food. Most of the white people dont even eat barbecue, they just gone waste it.

I remembered my ma told me my Aunt Jene would be at the Donut shop right across front the bus station . I guess she was gonna get me some food. Cause I sho' was hungry.

" Aunt Jene.." I smiled walking into the restaurant, she was standing up like she was waiting on me.

" Pac.." she hugged me.

" look at you...you've gotten so big " she smiled rubbing my head. I shrugged.

" You hungry? You look tried .." she said grabbing my hand and walking me up to the counter.

" I am, all I had was chips and soda for 2 days straight " I told her.

" aww baby..they have apple pies and calzones. Which one you want? " she asked me.

" hamburger calzone." I said looking at the menu. That shit sounded and looked good.

" ok, can I have that to go please?" She asked the cashier lady. She nodded and took the money from my aunt.

I looked around the store. It was nothing like NewYork Donut Joints. The one we did have.

Our shit only had 2 booths and 2 tables.
They had all this fancy shit. And calzones at a donut joint?

We had nothing on Cali.
New York donuts did smack though.

" come on we can take that suitcase to the car while we wait..it looks heavy " she chuckled walking outta the place.

" it is, momma made me pack a lotta stuff." I told her. She walked up to a, it looked like 1990 Acura.

My aunt had to be balling with one of these.

" auntie this you?" I asked her. She popped the trunk and nodded.

" This is me.." she smiled helping me lift my suit case in the trunk.

" are you rich? " I asked her. She laughed looking at me.

" far from it child, I'm married..I have a well off husband that's all" she said shutting the trunk.

" Oh.." I said. She had a husband? Momma ain't  tell me I'd be living with my auntie and my "step" uncle.

" you ok? " she asked as I looked around. The bright lights everywhere were starting to give my ass a headache. I couldn't wonder why everybody was out and about at 1 in the morning.

Who was I kidding? NewYork didn't sleep until the birds starting chirping.

" I'm good, everything just bright " I said.