California Love | Three

November 24th, 1991
Inglewood, Cali

Tupac|

" so what you do is..push the button and let the water come out onto the floor.." my aunt went on about how to use her new cleaning broom. Or whatever the fuck it was.

" uh huh.." I said watching her do the most simplest shit. Me and mama could do that in a few hours with our hands and feet.

" and then boom..your finished." She said on the other side of the living room.

" that's all?" I asked. " yup. Now your gonna be cleaning the floors, washing dishes, and dumping trash cans..if that doesn't sound too good to you then I suggest you start looking in the paper for a J-O-B " she said, handing me the daily newspaper.

Cleaning floors and washing dishes? Shit that wasn't nothing.

" naw that's straight." I shrugged. She smiled and set it back down.

" well then..now that I showed you the ropes around here. Let's go show you the ropes out here.." she said pointing to the front door.

I nodded going to grab my coat.

" boy it's too hot for that big ole jacket. " she laughed.

" oh..yea " I kept forgetting I ain't under 6 foot of snow no more.

" come on.." she said as we walked outta her house. It was different on her block. Or should I say neighborhood. It didn't look like a block in NewYork.

You ain't see no Liquor store on every corner or nun like that.

" you see that big building right there? " she asked as we rode down the street in her 1990 Acura. I felt like luxury riding in it.

" yea..that one?" I pointed to the building that look like it had about 3 floors.

" that's where your gonna be going to school.." she said. I furrowed my eyebrows looking at the brick building.

What a white ass school. All you seen was white people running to there high model cars and speeding outta the parking lot.

" um. I rather get a job.." I stated messing with the hole in my pants.

" Tupac your 16 years old, bout to 17 in a month..I'm not letting you quit school. Your mama either.." she explained.

" well pick another one..this one look too polished.." I shrugged. She laughed.

" polished? " she pulled into the school parking lot anyway.

" yea. Too clean " I said, before she parked beside an all white Ford Mustang.

These kids was balling like that? Ain't no way they mama buying them cars like that at 16-17.

" come on here..let's go meet some people " she said walking me up to the school steps.

I watched as the students rushed outta the doors trynna get out, almost knocking my aunt down.

" aye! Watch where the fuck You going!" I yelled at the white boy.

" what'd you say to me ?" He asked smirking and stopping at the bottom step.

" Pac.." my aunt started.

" I said watch were the fuck you going next time .." I said, not flinching.

" whatever.." he looked at his friends as he kept it pushing.
Punk ass crackers.

" Pac..what was that?" she asked.
I shrugged , " these act like they ain't got no kinda manners in this piece.."

" you still don't get the right to curse in my face.." she told me. " sorry " I said plainly. She'd get used to it in a while.