Chapter 17

"Nothing much!" Ryan sreeched offended.
"Takes one to be in other's shoe to know!"

"Well I am sorry that I don't have a talent to piss people of in seconds." Daniel retorted.

"Well you are pissing me off now! Alex tell him to get out of my room!"

"Well it's my house to begin with!" Here we go again. If they weren't so involved with their own battering right now I am sure they could have seen steam blowing out of my ears.

"You got to be kidding me. You are the one at fault here. So don't mess with me!"

"Oh and you are not!" Daniel literally yelled next to my ear. 'Ishh' I mumured rubbing by right ear. I had enough. I am not going to get myself damaged between this. My poor ear.

"ENOUGH! What the heck! I am so done with you guys fighting like cats and dogs. I can't take it any more. Kiss and makeup or something." I said huffing.

"Ewww..." Came a choroused reply as they stared wide eyes at me with pure look of disbelief.

"I give you this room to sort your things out. And.."

"But this room is mine?!" Did you know how irritating it is to be cut off in the mid-sentence? Ya awfully irritating. After shooting a deadly look at Ryan and making him gulp, I continued.

"And you better not come out before that."

"But technically you can't lock us in." Ryan said.

"He hasn't had the facility of outside latch since like forever."

"And whose fault is that?" Daniel asked raising an eyebrow.

"You really think I will need that. Trust me you don't wanna mess with me." I said giving a deadly look to both of them. Both of them gulped now.

Saying that I slowly moved out the door and closed it with a severe thud. A final warning to the people inside.

"You better not try to escape because I will be right here. And I swear I will fucking kill anyone who steps out giving a cold ass vibe." I yelled on top of my lungs. I could literally imagine them nod.

In the beginning I couldn't understand why Daniel had the passage way decorated so cozyily with a television out there. There was a open space on the right side of the passage way next to Ryan's room which stood on its left. And that space was cozily decorated with a television mounted on the wall and 'Gather' written on it. But right now I was really thankful for its presence. I laid down on the sofa while taking the blanket that had been draped over its arm. I switched on the TV while snuggling into the blanket. Great spot. I can see anyone approaching from the stairs, the room, and well the TV.

"Aaa...heaven." I mummured as I flipped the channels. This setup was damn comfortable. When I go back home I shall make one like this there.

From the corner of the eye I could see Maria coming up the stairs, holding a tray full of snacks.

"Maria!" I called out to her waving my hands. She approached slowly towards me.

"Yes dear?" Maria and I had already established a comfort zone. She was like mom I never had. She was the only company in this house who I could spend hell lot of time with. A very sweet company.

"Come on here we shall watch TV together." I said patting the place next to me. See stared at me and laughed.

"Ahhh...well I have things to do. First of all giving these snacks to Ryan before he personally comes down and raids my kitchen." She says smiling.

"Forget them. Let's have these snacks together." She lifted her eyebrow up. An unspoken question.

"Locked in the room. Not coming out anytime soon. But I shall not waste the snacks so you hand them over to me. I will be generous enough to have them." I said smiling at her.

"That's is if you don't want to share with me." I said a bit dully. I am not quite fond of sharing food, but if it's her. ....it's ok. Yup definitely OK.

"I can prepare another one for you. I will just drop this of to them." She said laughing.

"You don't need to. They don't need food tonight. They need love." I said protesting. I saw Maria's wince to understand it meant really wrong in many ways.

"Tell me girl how much experience you have in patching people up?"

"Quite a lot. Generally gives out a result on the span of 9 months." Oops doesn't help. This time we both wince . Biological not possible with this pair.

"Ok. ... I shall trust you with them then. If Daniel asks let him know I have already prepared the dinner and so I have gone home.

"Ryan eats snacks before dinner?" That's weird.

"Yes. Childhood routine you can say." She said smiling. She kept the tray on the sofa table.

"Enjoy your snacks sweet heart and don't forget to have dinner before you sleep." She then hugged me and gave a kiss on my forehead before going down the stairs. That's what I meant by her being my mother figure. I had a huge smile plastered on my face as I munched on the snacks. And I don't think it's going to fade anytime soon.