Chapter 43

After descending down the stairs we entered the kitchen area. He placed me on the kitchen counter and rummaged through the fridge, final taking out an ice pack.

Coming back to me he wrapped his handkerchief on to it then gently took my hand and placed the wrapped ice pack on top of it.

My hand had already started to have spots of blue. And Daniel kept on concentrating on the injured part of my hand, changing the position of the ice pack according to the need.

And I. I was focusing on him. His face that looked handsome with the seriousness it bore. As usual, his eyebrows were pulled together. Unknowingly my other hand moved towards his forehead smoothing out the crinkles formed between the eyebrows.

That made him glimpse up.

"I am sorry." I said. He looked at me quietly, so I continued.

"I didn't mean to yell at you. It's just...."

"Shhh. I know. I am sorry for reacting like an immature kid." That made me laugh a bit.

"And also for this." He said lifting my hand up. I glanced back at him with a smile.

"That's alright. You just need to take care of it for a few more days."

"At your service ma'am. But for the whole life time." He said seriously.

"Did you just...did you just.."

"Hey fellas wassup." Entered Ryan.

"Great, the cockblock's here." I said rolling my eyes.

"Did you say something?" Ryan asked unaware of his miserable timing.

"Don't talk to me." I grumbled.

"What did I do?" Daniel laughed hearing this.

"Excuse us Ryan. I and my girlfriend are going ahead to have alone time."

"Say what."

"To put simply idiot, a place where you aren't there."

"No, I got that. But what was that about gir.."

"Girlfriend?"

"What the Bloody fucking helllllll.."

"Shut up you little over-exaggerating punk. Even I didn't react with so much enthusiasm." I said looking at him duly.  

"And you better limit it to yourself till we sought out the fiance mess."

"Isn't it already sorted out. I mean you guys aren't officially engaged and I don't see it getting official anytime soon."

"It wasn't officially declared to the world but it was official between families so we need to deal with it."

"Yup. And to be honest Dave's parents are really good people. So I don't want to hurt them."

"But they both cheated on you behind your back." Ryan argued.

"Well, we aren't the same. Does putting the tag mean we are cheating?" I asked looking at Daniel.

"I don't think so. Until and unless we commit adultery we aren't. And in today's definition, there are two types of girlfriends one is the romantic one and other is non-romantic one." Daniel elborated.

"So which one is she?" Ryan asked. And Daniel glared at him.

"Nice question, which one am I?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Isn't it obvious." Daniel said looking frustrated.

"No, it is not." I and Ryan chorused.

"Damn you Ryan." Saying he glared at Ryan.

"Thank you." Was Ryan's reply with his usual cheeky smile.

"You know I am not good at this." Daniel said looking sternly at Ryan.

"That's why I am doing this." In return Ryan's smile just got broader.

"You little piece of shit." While saying Daniel lurched forward. Only top be held by me.

"Glad to be acknowledged." I could really see the embarrassment on Daniel's face and the happiness on Ryan's. And I was so enjoying this. I could literally see Daniel get uncomfortable. One thing I have learnt about him is he could do anything but love confession. Him calling me his girlfriend in front of Ryan probably sucked out all of his on-spot courage regarding this matter.

"Alex you still have a chance to run away with me. Cause I can totally imagine how he is going to make a wedding proposal. If he makes one that is." Ryan said smirking at me.

"I dare you." Daniel stared fiercely at Ryan. Or say, if eyes could kill, Ryan would have been 6 feet under.

"What would you do if I do?" Countered Ryan. Wow this guy seriously wants to die today. But went do I care I am really enjoying this.

"I will deport you off to the Danakil Desert and lock her up in our room and do such deeds with her that she won't even be able to walk out of the bed on her own, forget about running off with you." Hearing him say those words turned me on.

"I am so waiting for it to happen." I whispered seductively into his left ear and watched him gulp slowly.

"And I am not ready to die so early and alone. So Alex dear, I make this huge sacrifice to give you up. May the god bless me with you in our next life so that we can be together for the rest of our lives." Said Ryan interrupting our whispering session.

"Oh, honey I am so heartbroken to hear that. But your life is much more precious than us being together." I feigned sadness and got off the counter to run towards Ryan. Then hugging him, I continued my drama.

"It doesn't matter if we have a label on us or not. I just need you there by my side. And why do we need to run, we can always meet here in this vast and luxurious castle of the beast." I said spreading my one hand horizontally. Suddenly I was pulled to another body that I was quiet very familiar with. The one that on contact can drive my hormones off sanity. So I clung on to Daniel without noticing. Talk about puzzle pieces fitting together.

"Don't make the beast come out now. Or it will be regretful. As you know that he gets jealous very easily since he is a possessive creature." And I melted into a puddle. God, please be merciful. If this continues then my hormones would be the reason for my death for sure.

"And you." Daniel said facing Ryan who gulped.

"God will surely listen to you."

"Huh?!" We both gave the same reaction.

"In the next life,  he will bless you to have her as your daughter so can live along with her for the rest of your life."

"What will you be then?"

"Your kind-hearted son-in-law who would keep you at his house so that you can accompany your daughter till the day you die"  

"A son-in-law who has planed for his father-in-law to die in the next life, in the previous life itself. Surely a kind-hearted son-in-law. If that ever happens I will make sure she never marries you until I am alive."

"Then that's easy I will marry her after killing you."

"I curse him to not be there in my next life." Ryan said barely loud enough for us to hear.

"Did you say something."

"Oh, nothing. Nothing indeed."