Leader of the Plaque

Y/N POV

Orin Scrivello. I hear he's a regular here. It's only my fourth day, but he's been here every day at the same time, with the same awful behaviour.

Today however, he was here with his girlfriend. Audrey. The lovely blonde woman who I'd met at the flower shop, was with this sadistic awful man? It simply didn't add up.

"Dr. Scrivello, Audrey, what can I get the both of you?" I ask putting on a mask of civil pleasantry.

"Y/n! How are ya doin'? Seymour just can't stop talkin' about ya." Audrey says excitedly.

I smile and go to respond when Orin cuts in.

"Shut up, slut, no one wants to hold a conversation with you."

Audrey looks down, crushed, "Sorry."

"Sorry what?" he growls

"Sorry doctor! Sorry doctor!" she squeaks.

I feel rage bubbling up inside of me.

"I'll take a steak and she'll take a salad. Bottle of wine for the table too, would ya, doll?" he says turning to me with a faux charming smile.

I nod curtly and turn on my heel to head to the back.

Instead of giving the order to the chef, I head to my manager, Johnathon.

"Excuse me sir, but Dr. Scrivello on table 9 is causing a bit of a scene with his lady friend." I say.

Johnathon sighs and looks up at me, "I know he's awful, Y/n, but what do you expect me to do? He's a beloved professional around here."

"But, sir, he called her a slut!" I argue.

"Fine, I'll ask him to tone down his language and say for the children's sake, how about that?" He asks frustrated.

I smile, "Thank you, sir, I appreciate it."

He nods and steps out of his office to talk to Orin.

I slip behind the front counter and quietly grab the phone. I have a feeling that this isn't going to go quite as well as Johnathon is anticipating. I watch as Johnathon quietly asks the Dr. to be a bit more aware of his volume. The Dr. who was clearly on some sort of drug stood up angered. he pulled Audrey with him by the hair. He began yelling at Johnathon and I quickly phoned the police.

Dr. Scrivello stood and began yelling at other people as well. He threw Audrey to the ground and Johnathon pulled her out of the way and gave her his jacket.

He stood and put a hand on the Dr. in attempt to calm him and stop him from escalating the problem any further, but there was no use. Scrivello grabbed Johnathon's arm and pulled it off aggressively. 

I closed my eyes and felt tears burning them as I began to pray for the police to come. The door slams open and I hear grunts and punches being thrown. I choke back a feared sob and open my eyes to see Scrivello in hand cuffs. The drag him out and I watch Johnathon bend down and help Audrey up.

"We're closed today. Ask a waitress for a box if you want your food, otherwise please go as soon as you can." Johnathon says monotone, as he leads Audrey back in my direction.

"Y/n, I'm going to take Audrey to the hospital. Take tomorrow off." he tells me, refusing to look me in the eye.

"Johnathon, Sir, I'm so sorry, I should have left it. I didn't know he was so drugged up." I say, tears reaching my eyes. I can't afford to be fired.

"I'm glad he's gone, Y/n. Now please get out. I'll see you again in two days." He tells me, finally looking at me.

I nod and say goodbye to Audrey, before leaving.