Twenty five

Avi watched helplessly as the nurse strapped a breathing mask over his loves face. Her face cut up and leg twisted angrily. His face dripped with tears as he cried. Unexplainable noises escaped his lips as he placed an open hand on the glass that separated him from Charlie. He gripped his own bleeding shirt. The cold severed nerves that claimed his open stomach ached and dripped with pain. "Sir?" A nice voice asked. Avi turned to face his questioner, his face drained of color and vision blurry.

"We have another injured!"

Was the last thing he heard before plunging into complete darkness.

---

The faint beep of a heart monitor was all that was heard in my ears. My breathing steady now, and my body num. I slowly began to open my eyes, but quickly shut them as the blinding rays of the sun hit my eyes. I cursed to myself as I renewed my confidence and slid my eye lids back. My gaze filtered around a hospital room. The red curtains and sheets gave the room a pop, and the pumpkin spice smell of the hospital gave it a fall smell that reminded me of my mothers house.

I ruffling sounded outside the room and then the door flew open to revile a shirtless Avi, his ribs wrapped in bandages. His gaze ran over my body before slowly walking over. His gaze racking over me one last time before snatching me up in a hug. I wrapped my own fingers in his hair as he nuzzled my neck and squeezed me tightly.

"I thought-" Avi began, trying to hide the cry in his voice, but failing miserably as he began to cry. His body shaking violently in my arms. Unspoken, I allowed Avi in my bed. Him laying next to me as I cradled him like a small child. Cries wracking his body over the thought of loosing me. Me. Insignificant me.

---

Soon Avi's cries filed away. His warm body wrapped around me. Carful not to touch my leg that I soon realized was injured badly. It broken and unusable at the moment. The doctors tried making Avi go back to his room, but he would snap angrily at them and refuse to let go of me as if he were a small child with a stray dog he so desperately wanted to keep. Each doctor that came in he would dig his face in deeper and glare at them from just over his arm. His eyes only visible, but deadly looking. Daring them to speak a word.