Thirty nine

It took several hours to calm me. I knew. I just knew that that one single word was meant for Avi. I know it does. But he didn't really seamed scared for himself, but me. Him holding me as I practically hyperventilated in his arms. I was vaguely aware of his lips pressed into the skin of my forehead as I sat wrapped in his arms. The others looked over the paper, there hands clasped over there mouths, and eyes wide. Kirstie looked up. A plan forming in her determined eyes. "Alright. Everyone is sleeping in this room tonight. That picture may have been of Charlie and Avi, but who knows what that sickos intentions are." As she continued she instructed us to grab every blanket and pillow we had from our hotel rooms so that those who slept of the floor would be comfortable.

Aside from the fact that we got a death note, I wanted the others to be safe. I didn't want them to be hurt. Or worse because of me. Me. Charlie. The broken girl. The girl with the broken stars. The girl who is nothing to others, but free to the world.

---

I sat laying in Avi's arms. His almost silent snores, along with the others gave me the realization that they were asleep. I stood, leaving the room and into our hotel room. I quickly packed my clothes, an left the room to lay my phone on Avi's chest. I leaned over his body. My heart catching in my throat and ice sliding into my gut. My lips connected with his soft lips as I turned to leave, not wanting to stay any longer. For if I did I wouldn't be able to leave. My gaze fell over the side walk that I would be following, not knowing were. But somewhere. I took a deep breath.

And walked.

But a single call broke the night. That single call bringing the world crashing over my skull and splitting it open to the many buzzards I call reality to feast over my thoughts.

"Charlie!"

Wooooow! Cliff hanger.