Violet

Drew boosted me onto his back and began to run deeper into the thick woods. I held on tight and forced my eyes shut worried I would see dark shadowy figures piping out of the trees as I always do.

"Remember when I told you, that you were special?" Drew asked as he slowed to a walk. I nodded softly on his back my eyes still forced shut. "Well, I hate to tell you this but I am dead it's just you can see, feel, and talk to spirits that's why my hands felt so real," Drew murmured softly. And they thought i was crazy! I thought to myself. My mind replayed how Drew died, We were taking a night swim in the forest before I had Phasmophobia some "force" began to pull him down, drowning Drew, I tried to save him but by the time I had pulled his body back to the surface he was already gone I say their crying his motionless body in my arms, it was a lunar eclipse that night and that's why I'm known as eclipse. My real name is violet because of my eyes, yeah my parents were real original. "Violet, violet!" I heard my name I came out of my flashback and looked up at Drew he is really tall. "I go by eclipse now," I whispered into the darkness, which was a lot easier said when I couldn't see Drew's face. "Why eclipse?" He asked in a hushed tone. I began to explain, "well at first it was a name to make fun of me until I finally accepted it, because the day you died I started to fall into a deep depression, and that night was the night of the lunar eclipse, so that's kinda my new name no one ever calls me violet anymore," Drew stood motionless I opened my eyes to make sure he was still there, but when I did he was gone, and that's when I woke up...