27

"johnny hyung said you met with them already."

"yeah, around an hour ago."

mark smiled at her and nodded his head while walking beside her silently.

they were at the park, walking on the wet grassy ground after the downpour came to a stop a few minutes ago.

"i know you have something to tell me,"

rain's footsteps went even slower than how it already was. she closed her eyes and muttered a silent curse under her breath.

"yeah."

for a second, mark felt his heart ache. knowing that the girl would usually become silent when she had something important to say.

important or heart breaking, perhaps.

after a few silent minutes, rain finally mustered all the courage she had to speak, still not facing mark.

"im leaving,"

the boy abruptly stopped on his tracks and turned to the girl who had a sad smile plastered on her face.

"im leaving and im not coming back."

"i understand, will i still be in contact with you?"

rain glanced at the boy beside her and reached out to hold his hand, softly brushing her fingers on the back of it.

she stared back into his eyes and gave him a smile before whispering words mark didnt know could break a part of him.

"for the best, no. you're mark lee, i'll only be a nuisance to you and nct."

rain paused for a moment, allowing her tears flow free to her face.

"but i'll always be your friend. i'll always be here to support you in the sidelines."

the boy gulped and gave her a small and sad smile. mark nodded his head slowly and ruffled the girl's hair.

for the last time, mark wanted to tell the girl what he's always been telling her eversince they met.

he pulled her into a hug and planted a kiss on the crown of her head before whispering,

"it's fine. everything will be fine, love. you'll be fine."

rain smiled to herself and nodded her head, soon.

love is one of the factors that can build a friendship. in a way, it can ruin one too.

but mark's love for the girl allowed her to be herself. he made her feel welcome and rain couldnt have asked for more.

rain allowed herself to hug the man who's been with her for two years when she left for space.

she allowed herself to feel the warmth she knew she wasnt going to feel again, from the same man.

mark lee, someday, you'll find the person worthy of that love — your love.

maybe not right now, maybe it isnt me.

**

["they're here already."]

"thanks, ailee."

["no problem, have a nice talk okay?"]

rain hummed as an answer to ailee before she cut the line and stared at the cafe door infront of her.

she sucked in a deep breath and slowly made her way inside the place.