special chapter 01

["uh hey, rain! i cant come today, something came up."]

"it's fine, somi. take care, okay?"

["i will, you too!"]

rain cut the phone line with a sigh. she stared at it for a while and went back to what she was doing before the call.

somi was supposed to go to rain's place but unfortunately, something came up. and now rain's alone.

"what to do, what to do."

the girl flicked her tongue and walked around the living room, looking for something — anything to do.

eventually, she stopped infront of a locked cabinet. knowing what was inside, rain sighed.

"this wouldn't hurt, i guess? just to try and do something."

rain calmed herself down and smiled. she grabbed the key from the drawer on the table beside and opened it.

when she heard the door click, she gulped first before pulling the doors open.

worn out books, white envelopes that had turned yellowish, messily stacked papers, and photo albums welcomed her.

almost instantly, when she saw everything inside her eyes began to well-up with tears.

one photo album caught her attention and almost instinctively, she took it and checked the contents.

"oh,"

photos from four years ago, with ailee. three years ago, with the boys. two years ago, with mark. a year ago, alone. and a few months ago, with somi and samuel.

photos in the cafe, in the boys' house, in the school hallways, in the malls, in the pavilion, in the garden during break.

and during the prom.

seeing all the photos, rain felt sad for some reason she could point out but didnt want to voice out.

she took another album, and another, and one more. until she opened all the albums.

after almost two hours, only one book was left unopened and untouched. it was one of the books that looked so old.

rain's brows furrowed as she stared at the book. this isnt mine, i dont remember having this.

she shrugged her shoulders and took the book, patting away the dust from the cover before opening it.

내 사랑, 레인 김

— 전

rain's lips immediately formed a smile after she read the familiar text written on the book's first page.

my love, rain kim

— jeon woong

like a sudden switch, all the sweet words woong used to tell rain came flooding in her mind.

cautiously, she moved the book's page and read the words written in bold above slowly.

the first rainfall.

it made the girl wonder, what rainfall did he mean in that heading? was it the same rainfall she was thinking of?

**

i cant believe mom didnt call the house landline, but instead, sent a girl. the visitor, even.

she didnt have to disturb a visitor just for us to be called, wow. so what's the point of having a landline now?