Chapter Nine: Sleepy Nights and Confessions

I haven't wrote for three months so I'm sorry if this is bad. Thank you so much for the support!!

There was a muffled click that suddenly awoke me, sending me to a slight groggy spasm

There was a muffled click that suddenly awoke me, sending me to a slight groggy spasm. My blurred eyes fluttered open to discover the dim surroundings, the lights from the street peaking through my window. There wasn't anyone next to me in the driver's seat, nor were the lights or engine on. A pounding headache was starting to form at the back of my head while I struggled to remember to previous occurrences.

The passenger door abruptly propped open, revealing Jack's crouching figure shuffling to collect me. I was surprised to see him standing there, taking a second to myself before remembering he had been driving me home.

"Are we home?" My voice was small and raspy, while I rubbed the oncoming hangover out of my eyes. He lips curled into a modest smile though his momentum was still catered towards me. I felt his large hands gather me into his arms, easing me out of the seat and into the nighttime breeze.

I shuddered against him, thoughtlessly leaning in towards his warm body. "We're at your apartments, do you want me to take you inside?" His voice vibrated in his chest, stirring me into my consciousness. I blinked my eyes a couple of times, identifying my surroundings and removing myself from his comforting arms.

"I think I should be—" I was about to confirm until my eyes drew across a stretchy group of men loitering around the entrance of the apartments. My voice cut short and it seemed to have alerted Jack, striking his attention and following the path of my gaze.

"I'll walk you in." There was no room for declining, nor did I even want to for that matter. They had been passing around an indisputable bottle of liquor housed inside a brown paper bag. Their banter was loud and obnoxious, and their belongings were scattered around the low sitting brick wall showcasing the terrain of plants. I had been put in similar situations in the past and it wasn't something I wanted to endure again.

I felt Jack's hand establish its place on the small of my back, guiding me towards the main doors. As we began approaching, one of the guys noticed our presence and mumbled to the others, causing all of their eyes to turn in our direction one by one. The one with the bottle immediately sprung a drunken smile, lingering his intruding eyes on my figure.

"You got a pretty girl there," He snickered, his words slurring togethers sloppily. Jack's hand encircled around my waist, protectively pulling me into him while his jaw contracted. It was evident these men were annoying him as they were annoying me. My eyes unconsciously rolling and the scoff vocalized out from my lips.

"You got a lot of nerve talking to me about my girl," Jack chastised, his challenging expression conforming on his face. He'd appeared largely standoffish, his eyes glaring towards them with this unforgettable glint in his eyes.

It was shocking to me, even causing a small breath to release out of my lips. I wasn't familiar with where we stood, since after all, I still had to have a talk with Bridget before I could pursue anything more of that nature. Plus, I wasn't sure if he was actually into me. We hadn't exactly seen eye to eye on most things, though that didn't repel the remarkable spark I felt between us. But that didn't steer from the fact that I didn't know him well enough to be considered 'his girl' nor was I in the right mindset at this very moment.