Chapter 3

Tai's POV 

As i see Jet get up from the chair and say the name lake Laogai they decided to get there as soon as possible I on the other hand decided to make my leave and told everyone that this is where we parted ways cause I need money and i can't fire bend if im with them, plus dealing with the Dai Li will be a pain in the ass. i finally got to the place im staying at and find the most irritating people i know besides my father....... the old and fat land lady, i mean she is not THAT bad with me simply cause i pay the rent on time but sometimes i wished someone dropped water on her so that she would chill the heck out. Also i don't remember her name so i just call her Big mama.

Big mama: There you are i've been looking everywhere for you. A letter arrived for you when you where gone so i hold it until you came back 

Tai: you could just leave it under the door im sure its nothing important

i say and she hand me the sealed letter and climb the stairs and i hear her voice behind me but i didn't stop

Big mama: also tomorrow i will be collecting rent again 

Tai: ok.

and i entered my apartment, lighten up the candle on the desk and sat. i opened the letter and it said the same thing it has always said since i had my "job" 

same place
same time
last one i promise
-boss-

Tai: *sigh* well it seems that tomorrow will be a busy day. oh well its not like it can get any wors- ill just stop there i don't want to bring bad luck to me so im just going to sleep.

-timmeskip to next day noon-

As i was making my way by the upper rings of Ba sing se to get to my "work" as i call it eating a dumpling along the way i couldn't help but think if this was really my last job. I mean my "boss" as he call myself to me have been lately pissing me off taking more of my share due to "interest" as he calls it but i get the felling that this will be my last "job" if he tells me otherwise. I will make sure he gets the message and since i always fight with a mask on. Also i doubt that he will call the Dai Li cause if someone does he's whole thing will crumble like a sand castle. 

I reach the mansion it doesn't look much from the outside because its mostly quiet  but one must learn no to judge a book by its cover this place is the most noisiest freaking place in all of Ba Sing Se i bet . i knock on the door and a man opens it and stays in the doorway. He asks for a password with a smirk on his face will be wiped out if he keeps underestimating me, I told him a password  given to me by the boss himself and his face completely change to the complete opposite of his arrogant attitude. There are two passwords in this place one for those who fight and one for those who will come to bet, most fighters have a sponsor, me on the other hand i don't  which is why i got a special password. As i was waiting for my turn to fight on the second floor i just spend my time between watching the fights and drinking tea I see a group of people cheering and laughing and let's just say that curiosity got the best of me and went over there and what i saw amassed me an arm wrestling  but not a normal, one between a very built guy and a woman with long black hair, a tattoo on her shoulder  and she was handling her own very well so well that the guy was actually struggling. She looked at me with a smirk on her face and and ended it. The guy almost fell from his chair from the force she put, all the people sheered while i kept a smirk on my face and look behind me at one of the bodyguards and gave him a look and he looked down at the arena for a few seconds and looked back at me and shook his head meaning that im ok in time.

I approach the table gaining the silence of everyone around us. she was still on her chair taking the money to her side until she looks at me with a smile on her face