2 - somebody's on their period

Lily pov

I turned the stereo on, and smiled to myself as tonight alive burst through the speakers with their defiant sounding guitar. Jenna Mcdougall have me the shivers. She was really really perfect.

I put my brown hair into a ponytail, looking in the long mirror hanging on my wall. Oh how I wished I could dye it black. I wonder what people would say about it. However, my mother told me I wasn't allowed. I'd never normally listen to her, always thinking I knew best, but this time she meant it.

I heard a knock on my bedroom door, and I opened it to find my moody older sister, Becca, standing there in her dressing gown.

"What's up, Becs?" I asked, a smirk spreading across my face.

"Turn that shit down before I smash your stereo!" She said, the threat as empty as it was scary.

"Ooh, somebody's on their period!" I laughed to myself, leaving the door to go over to my speaker. Just to piss her off, I turned the volume up a couple notches, and the expression on her face was priceless!

"Piss off, you little bitch!" She snarled before leaving, slamming my door. I burst into a fit of laughter before turning the stereo down to it's original volume. I then got dressed into some black skinny jeans, a band tshirt and a beanie. My black converse were also added, as I loved them. I knew if people saw me, they'd be shocked. None of them knew who I really was. Just who I pretended to be. I walked downstairs and found my mother sat at the kitchen table, her head in her hands.

"Mum, I'm going out for a walk. I'll be back soon, okay?" I said, giving her a tight hug. She nodded, and I grabbed my skateboard from the hallway.

I made my way down many different roads and to the local country park. It was a beautiful place with many nice naturey things. But what I loved was the big hill, which I sat on and looked at the clouds. I made my way there, and laid down on the grass, skateboard resting beside me, looking at the clouds pass by. Sometimes I wish I could bring someone here with me, to enjoy this.