6 - homework?!

Lily pov

We sat in the booth, and she was sat across from me. I took a sip of the milkshake from my straw, and she did the same from hers. For a moment, we were so close. I could lean across and kiss her. But of course I didn't. I resisted temptation, like I always had.

"So, we have English first tomorrow." She winked, and a smile spread across my face. "Did you do the homework?" She asked, almost an afterthought.

"Homework? What homework?" I asked, confusion setting in. She laughed, and a couple of people stared at us.

"We had homework, and it's due in tomorrow, or it means an hour detention." She smiled knowingly, and my face dropped. The last thing I needed was an hour's detention after school.

"Would you be ever so kind as to help me with the homework I had no idea about?" I fluttered my eyelashes slightly, and she laughed again.

"We can do it after we're finished here." She took another sip, and then added "It can be a study date."

Did she not realise how that word affected me? Maybe not, but I wished she would know how I felt. How I had felt since the start of the year, when she walked into the class and sat down in the seat opposite me at the table. Her hair flowing down her back, her face made up but perfect, her eyes shining bright. I had fallen for her then, and hid it for as long as I could. The temptation to kiss her was now going to be harder than ever.

We finished up at McDonald's, and we ended up walking back to my house, as Paige wanted to stay out a little longer. I walked in to find my mother had gone out, and my sister was hogging the TV. Typical.

"Where's mum?" I asked, grabbing my school bag from the hallway. My sister shrugged, and continued watching her programme. It looked to be something like a reality TV show.

"Gone out. Says food is in kitchen." That was probably all I was going to get out of Becs tonight, so I nodded and led Paige to my room.

"Sorry about the mess, I guess I need to tidy up a bit. I don't usually have friends over. They're usually at parties." I said, shrugging as I picked up my clothes and threw them in the clothes basket. She smiled, and took a seat on my sofa. Yes, I have a sofa in my room. One of the perks of being loaded.

"So, what was this homework about?" I began, smile fixed on my face.