+NINE+

|THE HUMAN AND THE VAMPIRE|

"We're not leaving this place and if we do, I'll either stay or she'll follow along, but knowing her, I'll stay here."

•°•°•

Edward Cullen breathed unevenly in his home as he searched Daniella's thoughts, the ones filled with the realization that the Cullens are, in fact, something else. Her main idea being that they were vampires and as he sat down in the wooden chair by the window, her confirmation about him and his family blossomed. "Shit," he cursed, folding his arms over his chest. "Carlisle!" He called and in seconds the doctor was by his side, snapping a book closed as he looked at the mind reader in concern. "When the hell did you have a journal put into the library?"

Carlisle furrowed his brows in confusion. "I never placed anything into a library before, Edward. Why? Is something wrong?" Carlisle listened as Edward sighed heavily, running a hand through his bronze locks. "Does this have to with Daniella?"

"It does," he nodded before heaving himself out of his seat. "She knows, I read her thoughts. Her mind has the idea that we are, in fact, vampires. She's a damn detective and a good one at that." A soft chuckle full of worry and sarcasm escaped Edward's lips. "What do we do, Carlisle? She knows, so, do we leave? I brought up the idea and well, the family wasn't supportive."

Carlisle placed a hand on the boy's shoulder. "That's because Miss. Morgan is Emmett's mate and they are destined to be by each other's side. Leaving isn't the answer, telling the... truth is." Almost like a father explaining an important message to his son, they both shared a knowing look and Edward's lips let a sigh escape. "We'll talk to Dani, but now, we have more important things to figure out." Edward gave him a questionable look, silently asking him to make his message more clear. "There's a newborn who is feeding on humans and I would like to visit with him, see if he'll follow our ways."

Hearing this made Edward nod towards the head of the coven. "Is Daniella safe around him? I saw him having an eye for her-"

"Yeah, and I'm not too happy about it." Emmett suddenly barged into the room, his features hardened as he stood by his adoptive father and brother. "Alice believes that she's his blood singer, so he needs to be far away from her. Yet they were together today and I couldn't do anything about it." The feeling of protecting her was always there since he met the girl, but now it was spiraling out of control with the idea that she was near a newborn and now with the possibility of her being his blood singer, it made his body light up into a ferocious fire. All he wanted was to do was grab her, pull her into his arms and turn his back onto the terrifying bits that the world held. Emmett always knew the world was horrifying, and he always wanted to run away from it, but sadly he had to face it head-on. Now Daniella was by his side and he wanted her to be away from the danger and be safe near the prettier bits. It was his dream: to keep those he cared and loved for, safe.