+ELEVEN+

"Time

"Time. All we had left was time, and within time, we'll make memories. Memories full of emotion."

•°•°•

Sometimes, fear could make some feel joy.

  Daniella sat down on the kitchen counter, watching as the clock above the archway ticked closer to three, which made her silent heart vibrate. Her feet were bare as she swung them, gently banging them against the wooden drawers below her. Her clothes from earlier still remained, yet she chose to throw on an old shirt. One that belonged to Summer. For why she was feeling joy was blamed on the memories that started to replay in her mind.

Her mother, father, Summer, all of them enjoying the life of being a family. There was one, one memory that stuck out to her the most. It felt like yesterday as the family of four resided inside of an old diner, letting their mouths enjoy the sweetness of the frozen custard called icecream. Daniella distinctly remembers eating strawberry with chocolate chips embedded into the soft dark-colored sweet. Phoebe, her mother would take a napkin and swipe at her chin, laughing as she explained to eat carefully. Her father, the man who was balding and holding a pair of red, circular glasses on his face reached over to Summer, tugging her blonde waves behind her pierced ears. It was peaceful.

So, so peaceful.

Now here she was, looking down at her feet while her back and body trembled. She couldn't cry. It was physically impossible now. Sometimes, fear could make you feel blue. Deeply, though through the past months she tried to come to terms, she hated this life. She hated being an immortal, a vampire. She didn't like being cold like a dead body that she was. She didn't like the idea of watching everyone she knew die slolwy before her. She didn't like this. How was it even possible for her to change? Wasn't she dead when Emmett changed her?

  The idea was discarded quickly when Emmett entered the room, his face twisting into concern as he bounded forward to his mate. Her hands rested on his chest, keeping him still from moving forward. Slowly, she rose her head to look at him. Gold meeting gold. Concern meeting dread. "Please, I don't always need to be held," she gasped, blinking quickly to wash away her tears. That was another thing she hated, not having the ability to feel tears fall across her cheek on to the floor below her.

  Emmett was hesitant but complied with her wish. He stood back, keeping his eyes only on her as she quickly composed herself, curling her hands into her jeans. The fabric bunched together as she took a deep breath. To herself, she wondered where everyone else was. But with how they brought the Denali coven into their home, she knew the Cullens were most likely discussing the details of everything. Daniella pushed herself off the cool counters, fall briskly to the floor. She didn't dare to touch him and he was fine with that. He wanted her to be comfortable and to take things into her own hold.