+FOURTEEN+

|THE DRASTIC MISTAKE|

"For when he saw her lifeless body, he cried for her loss and for the choice he was about to make

"For when he saw her lifeless body, he cried for her loss and for the choice he was about to make."

•°•°•

The youngest Morgan grumbled as she tracked through the snow, the idea of going over to the Cullens' home being the only thing on her mind. She knew, more so had a feeling that they were there as Emmett left abruptly, she believed he was at home. That's where they all resided, anyway. The snow for that lazy Wednesday was coming harder, a blizzard was predicted to hit and well, she cursed herself. She should've stayed home. She should've been on the couch looking through a magazine while she sipped on some hot cocoa, but instead, she was looking back from where she started her walk to only find a grey wall full of hurdling snow that came from the clouds above.

"Damnit," she cursed, tugging her hat closer to her head before continuing her walk. As she walked, she thought over the memory again; Emmett leaving her as soon as Summer opened her door. She knew that he left due to her sister and neither one of them wanted to be caught by the young adult, so he left. But when he did that, she felt pain resign in her and she had to everything to make sure she didn't believe that him leaving was her fault. As Alice said before, nothing was her fault. But sometimes, it could be and as much as she loved the tiny, fairy-like vampire, she had to believe in herself sometimes. Not just the words of a friend.

The wintery air pinched her skin in every direction as she dived deeper into what she assumed was still the forest. The snow had blinded her vision, but she knew she was still on snow due to each step she took, she could hear the soft crunch of the white substance below her. As much as she adored the season, she hated this with a burning passion. Never had she lost herself in a forest, especially during a blizzard, but she made a stupid decision. She knew that a long time ago.

But still, her feet continued walking, but when she felt a different feeling on the bottom of her boot, a slippery feeling, she stopped. Her eyebrows were quick to knit together and she crouched down to feel the floor of the Earth and when she slipped off her mitten to feel the ice, she had to hold back a yell that was crawling its way out of her throat. So, she lifted to her feet and walked the other way, hoping and praying in her head that it was safe.

The universe decided otherwise and she quickly felt the familiar feeling of ice under her. But as quick as the feeling came, she was quick to hear the sound of cracking and then she felt herself being dropped into the waters below and the salty waters filled her lungs. It felt as if the water twisted around her throat, her pale skin turning pink as the waves choked her. Her eyes opened frantically and she was hit with salty water that burned her but when she kicked her feet, trying to go higher till she felt the harsh winds of the blizzard, she hit something solid.