Four

Kiari in media

"It's all my fault Car..."

Karmen
"Why now? Where were you?" Kiari asked. All I could do was look at him. I haven't said anything to him since we've been here. I honestly had nothing to say. He chose to not be in our lives, there was no reason to talk about it now. Kiari and I are grown.

"It's complicated. But I never chose to leave you guys.

"So you're gonna blame our dead mother?" I blurted. I didn't want to say shit to him, but I wasn't gonna let him put shit on our mother knowing she wasn't here to defend herself.

"I'm not blaming her, but-.."

"But nothing. Stop speaking on her!" He sighed, tightening his fist.

"Kiari wants answers. I want to give them to her." I rolled my eyes looking elsewhere.

"Your mother didn't want me around the both of you. She felt I would put you all in danger."

"What... what are you in here for?" Kiari mumbled.

I looked at him to see his head was now hung. He rubbed his hands together as his leg shook. I guess he wasn't anticipating that question? I don't know how. We are meeting our father in a prison. You would think that would be question #1.

"Capital murder." Both of our breathing stiffened. I was honestly not expecting. I'm not sure what we were expecting, but this was not it.

"Let's go Kiari."

"No Karmen. Please hear me out. Let me explain."

"No. Stop contacting us."

"But Karmen-.." Kiari started

"Lets.go."

Toya
Carter and I sat across from each other in his trashed room. Silence filled the room. We both watched each other intently, without saying a word.

Even though neither of us said anything, it felt like we were communicating in a way. It was almost as if I could hear his thoughts, and he could hear mine. His chocolate eyes twinkled against the light.

I watched as his bare chest heaved up and down as he took deep, slow breaths. His chocolate eyes twinkled against the light. The light from the full moon shined into the room, contrasting with his skin.

Emotion came over me. Before I knew it, I was in full tears and Carter was holding me, rocking both of back and forth. I continued to cry in his chest. And even though I felt helpless, I felt safe. Safe in his arms.

Lately we've been almost avoiding each other. We've been so caught up in everything, we forgot to check on each other. Mostly because we felt like this situation was our fault. It's our fault Rayven was in jail, it's our fault Mo is in a wheelchair. It's our fault Pharaoh's head is fucked up. It's our fault Tyler isn't really speaking to any of us. All because of us, this crazy bitch came and fucked up our lives.

But honestly. This wasn't even about Carter. Mila really wanted to get her revenge on me. Even though she was the first and last to strike, her intentions from the moment I met her, were to hurt me. So in reality, this was all my fault.

The worst part about it is, this is exactly what she wanted. So did we really win? Yea she's in jail, but she'll get out in a few years. On the other hand Rayven is in jail fighting a case that might send her to prison forever and Mo may never walk again.

"We gone beat this Toy. You gotta be strong with me mamas. They need us." He kissed my forehead.

"It's my fault Carter." I tilted my head to lock eyes with him.

"I brought my crazy ass cousin into our lives. It's my fault this is happening to us"

"Stop saying that shit LaToya. You didn't tell Mila to come here. You didn't tell King to come here. You didn't crash that car. You didn't stab me. You didn't put that gun in Rayven's hand. This is not your fault. Yea, I'll be honest, this shit sucks. Everything is fucked up right now, that just means we gotta get on our shit. We all gotta come back stronger than ever. Most of all, have faith. Rayven gone get out scott free, Mo gonna walk again soon. Karmen and her sister are gonna be straight, and Pharaoh gone come to his senses. Everything is gonna work out. We just gotta be strong. We can't feel sorry for ourselves." He pushed a hair behind my ear.

I didn't realize I stopped crying until I felt his soft lips against mine. Kissing him made me realize how long it's been since we've been affectionate. I missed his lips. I craved his body, his touch.

I laid my back against the shag carpet, locking my arms around his neck. Never unlocking lips. I took initiative deepening the kiss, moaning in the process.

He pushed his lower half into mine. That alone had me ready to risk it all. I threw my head back as he trailed kisses from my lips to the top of my chest. He took my left breast into his mouth. Swirling his tongue around my nipple while massaging the other breast with his hand.

I whispered sweet words into his ear, locking my legs around his waist. He sat up, pulling my shorts and panties down in one swift moment.

He then lowered his body, letting his lips, meet my other set of lips.

Short chapter I know. Comment what you guys think.

Is Pharaoh doing too much? Or is he grieving?

How y'all feel about Karmen and Kiari's daddy?

Should Rayven and Mo just tell what really happened?