Twelve

Karmen in media

"I wasn't ready Rayven."

Toya
"You saw her with Josiah?" My eyes bulged listening to the tea Rayven was spilling to me. I would've never thought. Especially from Kiari.

"Yes girl. Moved out and all. Our girl goin' through it."

"I'm gonna come back later for some girl time. Karmen can only take so much." She nodded stuffing some more white cheddar popcorn into her mouth.

"So what was you sayin' about Carter." I huffed waving my hand at her.

"Girl that nigga lost his mind last night. Went off on me cause' I said he need to go check on his brother."

"As he should." She said waving her index finger.

"He want me to be the girl that either shuts up or agrees with everything he said. I told him what was on my mind. Don't get with a bad bitch if you can't handle on."

"As you should." She clapped her hands. I shook my head at her antics.

"I just know him. I know it's taking a toll on him not being around his brother. Not knowing if he's ok or where he is. He's just too prideful to admit it."

"All niggas are girl." I twisted my lips thinking if I should bring my plan up to her now or later.

I decided later.

"Yea..." I responded digging my hand into the popcorn.

There was a knock on the door.

"Who's that?" I asked. She shrugged her shoulder with a confused look.

She looked through the peephole, then leaned her forehead against the door with a sigh.

"Who is it?" I asked. She just opened the door revealing ...Jerome?

"What the hell do you want?" She asked. I stood up watching him step into the room.

"You don't have to have an attitude ma'" he laughed. But stopped once he noticed Rayven was anything but amused.

"I'll.. be back later Ray."

"Ok. Love you."

"Love you too girl." I eyed Jerome one more time before walking out, hearing the door close behind me.

Rayven
"What do you want Jerome?" I asked watching him glance around my room, like he's never been in here before.

I had no time for his dumbass antics.

"I miss you Rayven." I rolled my eyes at his words. I reached in the fridge grabbing a calypso, popping the lid.

"What, the fuck, do you want Jerome?" I said taking a sip. He sighed.

"Rayven... I just hate how things ended between us. I want us to at least be friends." I laughed.

"You ended that when you had me out here looking stupid. Not only were you cheating on me, but you used me as a cover up? How fucking long Rome?" My voice cracked and I felt tears begin to well up in my eyes.

He tried holding my hands in his but I immediately slapped him in his face.

"Rayven I never meant to hurt you."

"Fuck you Jerome!" I yelled as tears poured down my face.

Me and Jerome were together for 4 years. I was truly in love with this man. We planned our whole lives together. I never saw myself with anyone else, until I met Mo.  Jerome was my heart, and he completely shattered it with no regard.