3

Cody's POV:
I scoffed and put my hand against my chest, pretending to look offended.

"It's rigged."

"No kidding Sherlock." Lauren smirked at me. "Come on, let's go find our siblings."

My phone went off. I checked it see a text from my mom.

Can you find your siblings?
We're leaving now.

"That's good idea because my mom just texted me saying we're leaving soon."

"Ok."

As we wandered through the rows of games, we took turns asking each other questions.

"So, are you planning playing with Pride?"
I asked. "Your dad told me that you got drafted."

"Possibly, I don't know yet. I want to become a teacher in the future. So, I'm not sure how that would effect my education."

I nodded.

"What's the most embarrassing story of your siblings? Since, they exposed you tonight."

I answered by telling her the story of how Cole got a concussion by playing basketball. He was guarding one of his friends and someone passed his friend a ball but he slapped it away from Cole. But, the guy terribly missed and smacked my brother in the face. Then, someone got the ball and shot it but, it bounced off the rim and hit him straight in the head.

I looked over to see Lauren trying very hard to not laugh. "That's really sad."

"What's really sad?" Cole asked.

Ashli and Dylan were playing against each other in air hockey with Cole watching.

"Nothing" We both said and ended up laughing.

The three of them gave us the weirdest looks.

"Come on, we're leaving now" Lauren said in between laughs.

"What's so funny?" Ashli asked.

"I told the story of how Cole got a concussion." I said, clutching my chest.

My sister cracked a smile. "Now, that's a funny story."

Cole gave me a death glare. Which caused me to laugh harder.

"Sorry. Sorry I'll stop."

Our laughter died down as we left the arcade. My family was still chatting with the Martinez's when we came outside.

We said our goodbyes. I was about to go before Lauren stopped me."Oh by the way, me and some of my teammates are gonna swing by your practice tomorrow."

"Ok, I'll try not to suck then." I smiled.

" You better not." She said as she waved bye to me.

"She totally likes you." My sister said bluntly.

"I doubt that."

"Just wait." She replied before hopping into the car.

My parents dropped me off at the hotel I was staying at with my team.

I went up to my room to see Corey talking with his girlfriend on the phone.

"I gotta go now, Cody's here. Bye I love you."

I took off my sweatshirt and placed it onto a chair.

"What's with the happy face Bellinger?"

I didn't realize it until now, but I was smiling. "Nothing."

"Uh huh. Yeah right." Corey said not believing me. "Did you meet a girl?"

I was trying to decide if I should tell him I did or not. But, Corey noticed that I took too long and pointed it out.

"Oh, you totally did. What's her name."

Well, no point in lying now.

"Her name is Lauren." I answered.

"Where did you meet her?"

"At a college softball game."

"She plays?"

I nodded.

"Oh shit. That's a plus already." Corey joked.

I rolled my eyes. "My dad dragged me to go watch a game of his friend's daughter."

"How'd they do? And what school does she play for?"

"UCLA and they killed Arizona state. 10-0. She played shortstop and dove for a ball up the middle."

"Ah, she sounds like a keeper." Corey wiggles his eyebrows at me.

I laughed. "I don't even know if she's single."

"Doesn't hurt to ask." He shrugged. "When are you gonna see her again?"

"Tomorrow, actually. She's coming down with some of her teammates to watch practice."

"Well then, you better not trip and fall during warmups again."

"That was one time."

"Yeah, but it seemed like it happened in slow motion."

Last year during practice, I tripped while doing karaokes and fell. The rest of practice the guys couldn't stop joking about it. It was a great way to start the day.

---
"Get up Cody." Corey shouted as ripped the sheets off the bed.

"Hey!" I exclaimed and reached for the warm covers.

"Practice starts in an hour dude. Plus, don't you wanna see your girl?"

I rolled my eyes, "She's not my girl."

"Ok well, don't be late to practice or you're gonna run." Corey teased.

"Fine." I said getting up. I absolutely hated conditioning.

The both of us changed and ate a quick breakfast before having a bus take us to the field.

After a short ride to the field, our team climbed out of the bus with our gear.

Corey shot me a look, "You excited Belli?"

Before, I got the chance to answer Joc interrupted. "Ooooooo what's up with you Cody?"

"Nothing." I said trying my best not to look guilty.

"Yeah right. C'mon Cody tell me please."

"You'll see Joc." I responded. I didn't want the team to know a girl was coming to watch us for many reasons. But, at the same time I shouldn't care if Lauren was coming. It wasn't like we are a thing. Shit, I barley know her for God's sake.

As we started warming up, I didn't realize I kept looking at the stands every once in awhile until Corey pointed it out.

"She'll come. Don't worry about it."

I shot him a small smile and nodded before walking way to get water.