13

Cody's POV:

I was on my way to go buy groceries and my mind was still racing with thoughts about Lauren. While waiting at a stoplight I looked to my left and saw a woman who looked eerily similar to Lauren. The woman seemed to be crying?

Should I go and check it just to make sure she's ok?

There's no harm in checking to make sure she's alright. Even if it's not Lauren, I can try to still cheer her up somehow.

I drove into the parking lot where she was. Nervous, I approached the woman "Lauren?"

She turned around shocked. "Cody what are you doing here?"

I explained that I was passing by and happened to notice her crying so, I stopped by to make sure she was ok. Then, I apologized for what happened at the party even if she didn't listen to my voicemail.

Lauren began explaining why she was in this mood and the story made my blood boil. How could anyone do that. How could you touch someone, make them uncomfortable and still keep touching them even after they told you to stop. Even the fucking workers had to get in. What a fucking douchebag.

After she was done talking, she was crying. Instinctively, I got up from my chair and pulled her into a hug. As soon as I felt her on my chest, she cried even harder.

It was taking everything in me to not go out find this son of a bitch and teach him some fucking manners

I rubbed her back as I attempted to calm her down, "Shhh, it's ok. Lauren you're not stupid. It's Alex who is. He's the one who's blind. He didn't see the perfect girl he left behind."

Lauren let go of me, "I-I got your voice mail." She choked. "I wwould like to start over again too."

Trying to lighten the mood, I spun around and pretending it was the first time I've ever met her.

Earning a laugh from her she responded, "I'm Lauren. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you Lauren. Would you like to hangout sometime." I asked trying hard to sound sophisticated.

"I would love that."

I grinned at her. "Alright then, how about a trip to Target?"

She nodded her head. "Sounds like a plan."

I silently congratulated myself for being able to cheer up Lauren and clearing things up with her.

I led her to my car and opened the door for her. When I got in I connected my phone to the car and let Lauren pick a song to play.

After five seconds of the song playing, I already knew what the song was.

"You are," I sung loudly, making Lauren laugh.

"My fireee!" She joined in. "The one desire!"

"Believe it when I say!"

"I WANT IT THAT WAY!" We both loudly sang.

We continued to belt out the lyrics through laughter but sadly our karaoke came to an end when I pulled into Target.

We both sat in the car for a good five minutes just laughing.

"Ok-ok lets go, I actually need to buy stuff." I said in between laughs.

"Ok," Lauren agreed but she looked into the mirror and realized she had mascara all over her face.