11

Cody's POV:

"Fuck! Fuck!" I shouted to myself. "I really fucked up didn't I?"

I turned to Corey who nodded his head slowly. "Give her some space and then talk to her."

"Even if she does want to talk to me, what am I going to say? And how the fuck is Jenna even here?"

"Say the truth dumbass. She's probably really hurt that you didn't say anything about Jenna. And I don't even know how she's here."

Jenna came back outside, twirling her blond hair around her finger. "Why-"

"How are you even here?" Corey asked.

She shrugged her shoulders, "I have my ways. Now back to what I was saying, Cody-"

"Just get the fuck out Jenna." I spat.  

"Fine, but you could do so much better than her."

"Well, she's better than you."

"I don't know about that one, sweetheart."

Confused and definitely not hearing whatever bullshit she had to say, "Fuck off alright? I don't need to hear your lame gossip anyways."

"Ok, but Lauren might've went back to her ex already. But you didn't hear that from me."

That was the last thing Jenna said before she stepped out of Joc's house.

My thoughts were racing and my brain was all over the place. How could I fuck this up. How did I allow Jenna to be so close to me. How did I even let her touch me again.

I jumped at a hand on my shoulder. "Jesus."

"Sorry." Someone giggled.

I turned around to see Madisyn. Her smile disappeared as she got serious.

"I need to talk to you."

"About what?"

I didn't even get an answer before she pulled me outside to the backyard.

"What the hell happened with Jenna? I thought you guys were over?" She asked, sounding pressed.

I ran both of my hands through my hair and then rubbed my face out of stress and guilt.

"Madi, I don't even know. I broke things off a VERY long time ago with her. She appeared out of no where and became all touchy. Then Lauren came out and Jenna tried to kiss me."

"How long ago was it when you broke it off? And you didn't kiss back?" She asked sounding surprised.

"About five months I think and hell no. She just put her lips on me and then Lauren shouted at her which ended that."

"Oh."

Madisyn sat for a second saying nothing. "You know, you should've told Lauren."

"About Jenna?" I was about to ask why would I but it wouldn't help my case at all and it sounds so inconsiderate.

"Yes, that wasn't a smart move to leave Lauren in dark like that and have Jenna come and say shit to her."

"Wait, what?" Jenna was a psycho but I didn't think she go as a far to finding out who I've been talking to and threaten them.

"She literally came up to Lauren and told her to stay away from you or she's gonna have a problem."

Even more frustrated and mad, I sighed deeply, "How am I going to fix this?"

Madisyn placed her hand on my shoulder, "Give her a few days and then maybe try to call her and explain what happened."

"You know that's exactly what Corey told me."

"Great minds think alike." She winked and disappeared off into the crowd of people at the party.

I massaged my temples from the headache that was forming from this mess. Deciding that my partying mood was long gone, I found Joc and Kíke and thanked them for throwing the party. I went home and crashed on the couch.

—————

It has been about four days since I've last talked to Lauren. After many pep talks with Joc and Corey and me writing out what I was gonna say, I pulled out my phone and pressed Lauren's contact.

My hands were a little shakey as I waited for her to pick up but to my dismay she didn't. But, I don't blame her for it so, I left her a voicemail that explained everything.

Hey Lauren, it's uh Cody. I know I'm probably the last person you wanna talk to or even hear from but I'm truly sorry for what happened on Saturday night. That girl who was rude and a total bitch to you was my ex, I guess. We never did anything but go on a few dates and when we did she was just toxic and controlling. So, I ended things with her five months ago and I didn't realize I needed to warn you of her. And for that I'm sorry I left you in the dark.
I also want to say sorry for you seeing Jenna all over me. I don't know how she got into the party and I absolutely didn't think she was going to kiss me. And I swear I didn't kiss her back not after what happened on those dates.
But, uh I really wanna start over with you, Lauren. I understand if you don't. But um, just call me if you get this. See you soon I hope.

Holy crap this book is #1 in the Dodger tag. So, I want to say thank you to whoever is reading this fic.