A little bit of Karma

(I DO NOT OWN GOOD OMENS OR ITS CHARACTERS, ALL I OWN IS KARMA AND HER STORY. ART WORK DONE BY ME!)

  In 4004 BCE is when the world was created. We will need to go back 6000 more year this is where our story begins. With the first rain, and a certain snake tempting Eve to take the apple and being cast out of Eden

     "Well, that went down like a lead balloon."

     An angel laughs "Sorry what was that?" And a demon replied "Well, that went down like a lead balloon."

     "Yes, yes, it did, rather." The angel says uncomfortably. "Bit of an overreaction, if you ask me. First offence and everything. I can't see what's so bad about knowing the difference between good and evil."

     "Well, it must be bad-...?" The angel stops  awaiting an awenser. "Crawly." "-Crawly. Otherwise you wouldnt have tempted them into it." He says to Crawly. "Oh, they just said, 'Get up there and make some trouble'. He said with a slight smirk on his face. "Well, obviously. You're a demon. It's what you do." And then Crawly's smirk dropped back to a neutral stare.

     Crawly quickly thought up a new topic. "Not very subtle of the Almighty, though. Fruit tree in the middle of a garden with a 'Don't Touch' sign. I mean, why not put it on the top of a high mountain? Or on the moon? Makes you wonder what God's really planning." The angel looks at him. "Best not to speculate. It's all part of the Great Plan. It's not for us to understand. It's ineffable." The angel says proudly."

     The snake snickers, "The Great Plan's ineffable?"

     "Exactly. It is beyond understanding and incapable of being put into words." He stands straighter trying to prove a point. But Crawly was just a little more distracted by something else he had noticed while giving the angel a once over.

     "Didn't you have a flaming sword?" He paused to make sure he was correct."Uh You did. It was flaming like anything. What happened to it?" He looked up at the angels face looking for an reaction" Uh, Lost it already, have you?" "-gave it away." He said meekly. "-You what?" Crawly said in surprised shock. "I gave it away!" He said much louder in his defense.

     "There are vicious animals. It's going to be cold out there. And she's expecting already. And I said, 'Here you go. Flaming sword. Don't thank me. And don't let the sun go down on you here'. I do hope I didn't do the wrong thing." He looks down at his feet, feeling slightly ashamed.

     "Oh, you're an angel. I don't think you can do the wrong thing." Crawly said to the angel to make him feel better, not liking the awkward situation.

     "Oh, oh, thank Oh, thank you." He takes a breath "- It's been bothering me." He smiles over at Crawly.

     They both look out into the landscape where a lion roars and Adam is swinging the flaming sword, keeping Eve behind himself. "I've been worrying, too." Crawly says. "What if I did the right thing with the whole "eat the apple" business? A demon can get into a lot of trouble for doing the right thing." Just then Adam strikes the lion and it falls dead. "It'd be funny if we both got it wrong, eh? If I did the good thing and you did the bad one."

Both sit there chuckling, until the angel fully realizes what Crawly had said then responds in a harsh tone. "No. It wouldn't be funny at all!"

*Some years later during The Great Flood (4990 BC)*

     "Hello, Aziraphale." Crawly said  "Crawly." The angel said back.

    "So, giving the mortals a flaming sword. How did that work out for you?" Crawly asked him. "The Almighty has never actually mentioned it again. Probably a good thing." Aziraphale said.

     Crawly decided to change the topic once again, "What's all this about? Build a big boat and fill it with a travelling zoo?" He questions. "From what I hear, God's a bit tetchy." Aziraphale says still standing, looking over at the large boat with animals filing in. "Wiping out the human race." Crawly states." But Aziraphale replied, "Big storm." "All of them?" Crawly asks, becoming slightly taken aback. "Just the locals." He replies, not understanding Crawly's panic.

     "I don't believe the Almighty's upset with the Chinese. Or the Native Americans." Crawly tries to joke. "-or the Austrians." "-yet." He says back to what Aziraphale had said. "And God's not actually going to wipe out all the locals." He takes a break." I mean, Noah, up there, his family, and his sons, their wives, they're all going to be fine." The angel says, and Crawly starts to panic again.

     "But they're drowning everybody else? Not the kids? You can't kill kids." He looks at Aziraphale in shock. Why would Aziraphale be ok with this, Crawly asks himself. Not even he could kill a kid, let alone harm one, so why was God, the mother of creation, killing off children?

     "Mm-hmm" Aziraphale replied, with a nod of his head. "Well, that's more the kind of thing you'd expect my lot to do." Crawly tries to reason again. "Yes, but when it's done, the Almighty's going to put up a new thing, called a 'rain bow', as a promise not to drown everyone again."

     "How kind." Crawly said aggressively. "You can't judge the Almighty, Crawly. God's plans are-" Aziraphale gets stopped midsentence. "Are you going to say 'ineffable'?" Crawly glares at him.

Crawly looks over too see a unicorn running away from the ship. "Oy! Shem! That unicorn's going to make a run for it!" "Oh, it's too late." Aziraphale states. "It's too late! Well, you've still got one of them." Crawly repeats.

     Once Aziraphale had left once again Crawly was damned if he wasn't going to even try and save the children. Once the rain had started he pulled his wings out and started trying to gather all the children to the highest point possible.

     With all of them shouting in different languages and some crying trying to find their parents it made Crawly's efforts even harder.

     But there was one child, who had been quiet though the whole thing, that was just clinging to his leg. Crawly looks down at this child trying his best to shield the rest of the children in the process with his wings, but was failing as the rain waters rose to some of the kids ankles.

     "I'm so sorry, sorry, sorry..-" Crawly said whispering, just repeating himself to the children. Once the waters had gotten to the top of the hill the last child standing had been the one clinging to Crawly, but not even he could save a single child in Gods Ineffable plan. So when the area was finally flooded Crawly had to let go. The child barely hanging on by a thread at that point.

     When the last child was gone, Crawly flew up into the clouds and found the closest piece of non-flooded land he could, and landed. Once he hit the damp, cold ground all he could do was cry. He hadn't cried in decades. He sat there for hours just questioning why it had to happen and why he couldnt save just one. So he looked up at the sky and did the only thing he could.

     "Why! I thought you loved all your children, but it turns out you're just as broken and faulty as the rest of us who have fallen!" He screams towards the heavens. "Why did you do it? Why did the children have to die? They were young, not yet corrupted by the evils of this world! So why? Why couldn't I have just been able to save the one?"

     Little did Crawly know that God was listening, and that she knew this had to happen for his Karma to be able to come to him. So she got to work and created what she knew would cause issues in the future, but would also bring two together and help one learn of pure love and adoration.

Her name shall be Karma, a Nehalem (not to be confused with a nephilim.) Daughter of the demon, Crawly, and the angel, Aziraphale. She will be raised by them and she shall be the one who controls peoples karma and darma. Which is where the saying "Karma's a bitch" comes from, but little did people know it was just a little girl doing her job, and hanging out with her dad and papa till the apocalypse rolled around.