Chapter I

Dawn opened her eyes tiredly as she looked around the room, she saw some desks and a black board with the words 'KING CAINE' written in large letters, she saw a throne made desks but no one sitting in it. Dawn looked around and saw a boy with whip like arm staring out the window muttering to himself as lightning cracked in the sky and thunder boomed through the clouds. She turned her head and saw a girl sitting on a desk looking bored and a boy with glasses, his face flat against a keyboard asleep as the computer screen showed various codes and cryptic messages. She looked behind her and saw a girl talking softly to a little boy who was busy playing a video game. Dawn looked down and gasped softly as she saw six books in front of her but not just any book they were Gone, Hunger, Lies, Plague, Fear and Light from the GONE series! Dawn quickly looked up at the five people in the room and mentally started fangirling realizing she was in the same room as Drake, Diana, Astrid and Jack and Little Pete!

She looked around the room confused where the others were, so she slowly grabbed the books and put them inside the desk in front of her but as she shut the desk Drake, Astrid and Diana looked at her, Dawn started to get nervous having read all the books knowing what they were like.

"Who are you? You weren't here before?" Astrid asked getting from her chair and walking over to Dawn's desk.

"Um." Dawn said nervously looking down as Diana made her way over to Dawn's desk.

"Drake." Diana said glancing at the bully "Grab her while I see what's in her desk."

Drake turned his head and looked at Dawn with a raised eyebrow then grinned like a shark and quickly lashed his whip arm out but Dawn was quicker than the arm and ducked under the desk only to see the arm whip her chair to bits as Diana opened up the desk and pulled out the first book of the series and looked at it confused.

Dawn heard the desk being open and quickly pushed on the bottom of the desk making it fall to the side as Diana jumped back still holding the book "No! Don't read them!" Dawn shouted standing up, snatching the book from Diana and holding it close to her chest as everyone excluding Jack and LP looked at her in either confusion or shock.

"Aww, why not? Is it your little dairy or something?" Drake sneered grinning.

"No it's not it's just none of you can't read this book or any of the ones in the desk if you do bad things could happen." Dawn quickly said not knowing what will happen is she tells them they're just book characters.

"Ok how about everyone calm down and wait for Sam and Caine to come back," Astrid suggested trying to control the situation from getting out of hand but still curious why the girl will protect a bunch of books.

"Hmm alright so what's your name?" Diana asked looking at Dawn studying the her as she was curios how the girl showed up without any of them noticing and if she had any powers.

Dawn thought for moment before stuttering out.

"D-Dawn my name is Dawn." Dawn knew she was dealing with evil and scary Diana and not the version in the later books.

"I'm Diana, the one with the whip arm is Drake, blondie is Astrid with her little brother and the one by the computer is computer Jack." Diana introduced them all and as she turned her head she frowned " Jack! Wake up!" She shouted causing the sleeping boy to jolt awake as Astrid went back to Little Pete and sat down.

"I'm up!" Jack shouted then yawned " How long was I asleep? Who's that? " the tired boy asked rubbing his eyes as he looked around the room.

"Too long nerd." Drake teased as he lashed out his whip arm at Jack grinning as the computer genius screamed in fear as the arm wrapped around his neck " Diana!"

"Drake! Put him down he needs to keep working." Diana ordered as Drake muttered something under his breath and released Jack.

"I'm Dawn, Jack." Dawn introduced herself while moving away from Drake and over to jack holding out her hand.

"Nice to meet you Dawn so are you from the town or from Coates?" Jack asked shaking her hand while adjusting his glasses looking at Dawn curiously almost as if he was studying her.

"Um I um that's a secret!" Dawn blurted out embarrassed as her face went pink.

"You'll tell us eventually now give me your hand." Diana demanded walking over to Dawn, holding out her hand waiting.

Dawn knew what would happen next and didn't feel like making the girl any more mad especially with Drake in the room so she gave Diana her hand, who held it for a minute then let go and walked to Drake and whispered something while Dawn walked over to the fallen desk and picked it up, setting it up right then opening it and looking inside. She sighed relieved that the books were ok but unaware Astrid was watching her the whole time, Dawn knew she had to keep everyone from looking inside the books especially Drake and Caine 'If they know the future they'll try to change it making it worse!' Dawn thought as she looked around and saw her backpack in the corner. She was overjoyed as she ran over and grabbed it and ran back and quickly started putting the books inside, once the books were inside she searched the pockets and pulled out a switchblade she got from her parents and put it in her pocket just in case she needed it. While Diana and Drake were talking in secret, Jack typing tiredly on the computer and Astrid watching LP play his video game, the door swung open and walked in was,