Chapter 005

Valentino

***

"Dave take me back to the office I need to pick some things up," he nodded his head as he switched lanes and after a few minutes I was in front of the office building.

"Hello Annette," I nodded at the receptionist who gave me a big smile.

"Hello Mr. Price. Are you staying long or headed out soon?" She asked me as I waited for the elevator.

"Just grabbing my things and I should be on my way out. You can go now no need to wait for me," I told the woman who was my mother's age and she jumped up from her rolling chair and grabbed her bag, placing a 'be back soon!' sign on her desk that she seemed to have made recently.

"Have a great night Mr. Price!" She waved as I made my way into the elevator and I nodded again in acknowledgement.

I made my way up to my office and grabbed my briefcase that I left when I decided to go with Ree along with a few documents I don't like leaving around.

"Wait a damn second! Where the heck were you today?" Marcia, one of my best childhood friends asks me with her hands on her hips.

"I went out to do something" I lied as I opened my desk and shoved a few papers inside it.

"Oh and you come back here with your dress shirt suddenly off?" Deon my other childhood best friend growing up asks as he pops his head in the room.

"I don't see what my fashion sense as to do with either of you," I brush off as I leave the office and lock it up.

"We really missed you today," I turned to see Marco leaning against my receptionist's desk and I let out a sigh.

I've said it once and I'll say it a million more times: fuck Marco.

"The work day is over Marco. Go home." He shrugged as he pushed against the desk and started walking to the elevators.

"I'm just saying that the board won't be happy to hear that you spent your day out of the office." And with that he left while Deon held my shoulders back from sprinting after him and punching him square in the jaw. I let myself have a few deep breaths before making my way downstairs where my driver sat in front of the building waiting for me.

The two bozos followed me to my car and got in with me. I guess they're deciding to come over. Marcia sniffs the air and her head whips over to me.

"It smells like a lady in here!"

"Oh does it?" I ask sarcastically as I look out the window watching us approach my apartment building.

"Wait a second! You don't just go around with ladies," Deon says as he inspects me. "And you're shirt is missing... Valentino did you have sex in this car?" He screamed as he hopped into my lap and Marcia started to scream "aw gross!"

"I didn't have sex!" I yelled as I shoved the heavy idiot off of me.

"So why is your shirt gone and why does it smell like lady in here huh?!"

"Because I was with a lady," I mumbled.

"Oh, since when did you become that guy? I thought you didn't want to be a playboy like your brother made the magazines believe him to be?" Marcia asked with a raised eyebrow and Deon nodded his head.

"I'm not a playboy. Can you guys just leave it please?" My voice was steady as it always was. Between the three of us the two of them have enough personality that I can just check mine at the door.

"So why did you go around with some floozy?"

"Don't call her that," I growled at Deon and watched as the two of them let their eyebrows hit the ceiling.

"Okay Deon we can tell that he has developed feelings for this rando. What drugs do you think he's on?" Marcia stage whispered.

"I'm not on any drugs," I huffed our as the car came to a stop and I pushed Deon out and got outside, grabbing my briefcase.

"Then what's this emotional turmoil you're displaying all about?" Marcia asked as Deon got back in the car. They rolled the window down and leaned over it while I looked down the street in annoyance. Maybe if I just start running...

"You're showing at least three more emotions then I have seen you have in our entire lives and the two of us have known you since we were four." Marcia said and Deon gave me a big goofy grin.

I think my eyebrow is twitching.

"What? A guy can't enjoy time with a woman?" I asked defensively.

"Not this guy" Deon said, leaning over Marcia and pointing to me.

"She must be something if you're getting so upset that we don't understand. When can we meet her?" Marcia asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"If I can help it. Then never," I huffed out and spun on my heel to make my way to the entrance. I need to wash her lavender scent off of me before I fall asleep with this t shirt on.