Bad Ending

Logan slowly stood from his spot on the floor, loosening his tie as he did. Short, crazed snickers escaped him. He pulled his tie completely off once he stood, dropping it to the floor. His outfit had morphed into a long, dark blue coat, the coattails dragging on the floor, a grey polo replacing his black one. The coat hung haphazardly on his body and he made no move to adjust it.

"... Lo-Logan? You're not still logic... are you?" Deceit fearfully and carefully asked.

Logan slowly approaches him, head hanging low and obscuring his eyes "hm? Oh, no no no, logic is such a burden" he practically purred.

Wrath pulls Remus and him a few steps back, but Deceit was just out of reach. Something didn't feel right. Logan carefully placed a hand under Deceits chin, forcing him to look up at Logan. Another hand took a tight grip on Deceit's wrist, now unable to squirm away.

"What's the fun in making sense if no one is going to listen to it anyways?~" Logan opened his eyes. Swirling neon colors around his pupil.

Hypnotizing.

Only a matter of seconds before Deceit was locked in, frozen. The oil-like tear stains below Logan's eyes faded away, leaving only bright, happy colors in his wake. A look of Terror morphed into an insane grin.

Logan dropped his grip from Deceits wrist, gently moving Deceits head to look at Remus and Wrath. Wrath quickly covered Remus's eyes, pulling him behind to shield him. "Look at how unhappy your friends are, Dee. Unable to see past reality. We really should help them, shouldn't we? They are your friends, aren't they?" Logan's voice was horrific, sticky and sweet. Poison.

Deceits smile wavered, but he seemed incapable of dropping it. He just nods, the motion stiff and robotic.

"Could you go get them for me? With me?" Logan sweetly asked, cueing another obedient nod. Deceit turned the rest of his body to face the pair, who where now backing up to run. Deceit suddenly broke into a sprint.

Wrath shoved Remus away, "run!"

"But what about-"

"I said GO!" Wrath snarled out, grabbed Deceit by the wrists, holding him back. Remus let out a squeak of hurt, scrambling back and away before taking off running.

Logan slowly strolled over to them, Wrath immobile in holding Deceit back. To buy Remus time. Wrath closed his eyes tight.

"Oh, are you going to fight happiness? I'm trying to save you, Wrath." Logan purred next to his ear. "Or, I could go get Remus-"

"NO! N-no" Wrath immediately spoke up.

"Oh?"

"Leave h-him alone."

"And how do you plan on convincing me of that?" Logan snickered darkly, tilting his head in mock curiosity. Wrath took a sharp, shaking breath, letting go of Deceit.

"I'll open my eyes, I'll see your sickening so called happiness" Wrath fought back tears as he spoke. "Just let him go... p-please. He's been through enough"

"Hm" Logan hummed, then nodded to himself. "Alright, Open your eyes."

"P-promise?"

"Of course, anything for my dear friends happiness."  Logan giggles, pulling deceit to the side and standing before Wrath as he hesitantly opened his eyes.

—-

"I'm sorry Wrath. I'm afraid I have to go back on my promise, I simply just can't have you be so selfish, keeping your dear Remus from being happy? How could you!" Logan exclaimed, his voice echoing into Remus's cramped hiding spot.

It was hard to breath, either from fear or his legs pressed into his chest, he wasn't sure. Did Wrath betray me? The horrible thought priced through his heart. Tears surged into his eyes, fighting back a sob. He needed to stay silent, horror made his heart beat faster at the thought of what would happen if he was caught. Did Wrath send them after me? Is he just as bad as Roman? That he wants to get rid of me?

His thoughts only made it harder and harder to stay quiet. He could hear footsteps. Remus covered his mouth, feeling tears wash down his fingertips. He couldn't see anything, his hiding spot in the kitchen cabinets. More footsteps passed, horrifically close. Some were further away, multiple people were looking for him. Wrath was a traitor. He wants me dead.

A sob escaped him, and Remus froze. So did the footsteps outside.

The cabinet door slowly opened, Remus could see Wrath's orange shirt and black jacket in the dark room. His face was out of sight, but a hand gently reached towards him

"Come on Ree', it's ok..." Wrath's voice sounded normal, instantly calming Remus down. Maybe everything was ok... maybe it's just a bad nightmare, a bad thought, nothing more. Remus hesitated before slipping out of the cabinet, hugging Wrath tightly

"See? It's safe. Your safe and happy" Wrath's voice became staticy at the end and Remus's heart stopped. Wrath's hug back was too tight for him to escape. Logan stood behind Wrath, holding a cane with a small monitor on the top.

"Logan even has candy for us~" the voice continued, coming from the monitor, not Wrath.

—-

Logan strolled down towards the "Light" sides end of the realm, his three new "friends" behind him. Logan spun his cane in his hand, polishing the screen with his sleeve.

He simply couldn't wait to show them how much they vastly underestimated him, soon Thomas would have no choice but to listen to him.

Or whatever sanity was left of Thomas, that is.

-ending ⅔ -