Chapter 1 - Introductions

"Come on Simon it's gonna be fun I promise"

"I'm not sure what if we barely ever see each other"

"We won't now hurry up we need to get our papers"

"Where did you get?"

"2F, You?"

"2A!"

-----

"ALEC, JACE!" The raven haired girl shouted running over and hugging two boys who looked slightly confused.

"Izzy! What are you doing here?" The blue eyed boy spoke

"Yeah, we were gonna come get you and help you find your room"

"Well I don't need you to help me find my room cause I already found it. That one" She said pointing at the room with red walls in the corner

The boys once again just gave her a puzzled look.

"This is a boys floor?" The blonde one said

"Well my paper says 2A and I knew that Alec was in 2D and you were in 2E so I knew where to go"

"Pass me your paper" The one with matching hair to the girl said "It does say 2a, I wonder why?"

As they were talking a red headed girl and nerdy looking boy came up the stairs towards where they were standing with a member of staff in tow.

"Listen up boys and girls" He said voice ricocheting off the walls "Due to the ratio of male and female students this year 2 girls have had to be put on this floor. Isabelle you were a perfect candidate as two of these boys are your brothers and Clarissa you were chosen at random. I expect impeccable behaviour from all of you" And with that he walked away

"Hi I'm Clary and this is my best friend Simon" The red haired girl stuck her hand out for the others to shake.

"I'm Izzy these are my brothers Alec and Jace" Isabelle said taking Clary's hand in her own and shaking it. "Alec and Jace are second years, so if you need help ask them. And if they don't help then tell me and I'll sort them out" She said making both of them laugh.

"So which rooms are all of yours" Jace asked,

The hallway had 6 rooms A-F. A, B and C were on one side and D, E and F were on the other going in a clockwise direction. A was painted red, B - orange, C - deep purple, D - dark blue, E - yellow and F - light blue.

"B" Said Clary

"F" Simon replied

"That means Clary is opposite Jace and Simon you're opposite Izzy" Alec said

"I wonder who's going to be opposite you?" Jace asked him

As if on queue someone else came up the stairs

"Well hello everyone. I see I'm the last one here"

"That's because registration started 10 minutes ago" Izzy said

"It's called being fashionably late" He said before looking at everyone "I'm Magnus"

"I'm Isabelle or Izzy"

"I'm Clary this is Simon" Clary said, pointing at the boy who wasn't quite paying attention

"These are my two older brothers Jace and Alec"

Magnus looked over at the three of them with a confused look. Alec wasn't really looking at him rather down at the ground and Jace looked nothing like the other two.

Isabelle recognised the look on his face, people were often confused when she said Jace was her brother.

"Jace is adopted" She explained

"Which means that Maryse and Robert like me most because they chose me" Jace said with a smirk on his face

"Yeah whatever,. I'm obviously the favourite" Izzy replied "Anyway I'm stealing Alec to help me set up my room, see you all later"

"You don't want me to help?" Jace asked looking slightly relieved

"Alec is way more organised than you, beside then you could help someone else unpack. I'm sure one of them would need some help"

His eyes floated over towards Clary before he finally agreed "Okay, sure, I'll help someone else"