Chapter 2 - Opinions

"So, what do you think of everyone?" Isabelle asked her brother excitedly

"They seem alright"

"Just alright. Come on Alec. At least give them a chance. It's going to be fun I promise"

"Okay, I'll try"

"Yay! I'm so excited"

------

"So Simon, what do you think of everyone?" Clary asked, her and Jace had just finished unpacking her room and now she was helping Simon.

"They seemed cool, especially Isabelle"

"Yeah, Jace was really friendly but Alec barely even looked at us"

"Maybe he's just awkward. I mean he was meeting 3 new people. I was kind of freaking out myself if I'm honest. Not all of us are socially butterflies like you, Fray"

"True, true"

------

"I think it needs more glitter how about you?" Magnus asked Izzy who was now helping him with his room

"Definitely" She agreed

Magnus' room was turning out amazing. It felt so homely.

"So tell me more about your brothers"

"Well Jace is really outgoing and funny although he is quite full of himself and don't get me started on his narcissism" She said shaking her head and laughing

"And what about Alexander?"

"He never lets anyone call him Alexander. He's more serious than Jace but he's loving and kind and he cares about people more than anyone I've ever met although he doesn't like to show it"

The door opened and there stood Alec looking awkward.

"Why, hello Alexander. What brings you to my humble abode?"

"It's Alec and Hodge wants everyone downstairs to go over dorm rules" He said and walked back out closing the door

"Told you" Izzy said before getting up and leaving

------

"Lights out is at 10pm. I will be walking round at that time to make sure you are all in bed. Sleepovers are a special privilege and must be approved by me. Breakfast is at 7am it is your job to make sure you are there on time. If you use the bathroom at night then you must use the one of your floors. Whilst other people of the opposite gender are inside of your room the door must be left open and the visit must be approved by a member of staff to allow them on the floor., excluding the mixed floor we have this year, but as I have already said I will be keeping a close eye on that floor and I expect impeccable behaviour from them. Have I made myself clear?"

A collective yes came from all of the students

"Jesus, I think we got lucky. I would hate having to get permission every time I wanted to go and see my brothers" Izzy said quietly as they were walking back up to their rooms

"Same with me and Simon, we've been best friends since we were 3"

"Aww that's cute. So there's no feelings between you two?"

"Definitely not. He's like my brother"

Izzy saw her brothers pain, she wanted to talk to him but every time she tried he would push her away, she believed Clary however she knew second hand that just because someone was like your brother it didn't mean that you couldn't like them.