Four

It took a few hours, but I finally made it to District 7. There were a lot of people out and about in the area, but none of them seemed to pay any attention to me. It wasn't like they were ignoring me ... I think they just didn't know who I was. It felt great to finally be able to walk around and not feel disgusted glares and hear nasty snickers from every which way. Everything that I'd seen looked pretty much the same as it was in Hearts, expect there were little diamonds on the windows, sidewalks, and posts instead of little hearts. Also, the light bulbs in the lampposts were in the shape of diamonds instead of the hearts I was used to seeing, and there were touches of blue everywhere instead of red and pink. This place was in just as much ruin as Sector 4 (in other words: debris everywhere), so I wasn't shocked when I saw this disastrous place that many Diamondies called home.

"Excuse me, sir?" I said to a man as he walked by me. I paused for a moment, in shock that he'd actually stopped and was waiting to hear what I had to say, and even smiling at me. "Um, I'm doing a report for school, and I was wondering if you could help me with something."

"Sure, what is it?" the man asked me in a friendly tone.

"I-I'm doing research on the Ace of Diamonds, and-"

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't know much about that topic," he said as his smile dropped, and he started back on his way.

I quickly ran in front of him. "Oh, uh, that's okay! I was actually hoping to interview him myself ... you know, to make it more real and authentic."

"That's nice. Good luck with that." He tried to sidestep me, but I matched his step so that I was still in front of him.

"Sooo I was wondering if you could possibly tell me where I could find him. Or even what his name is for starters."

The man sighed. "His name's Winder Feight," he revealed. "And I don't know where he lives, but I've seen him around on these streets, a lot. He's usually out here spending all of his parents' hard earned money. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me."

"Winder Feight ... so it's possible that he's here in District-" I stopped myself when I suddenly heard arguing coming from one of the nearby shops. I looked over at the store window where it sounded like the shouting was coming from, and saw a teen arguing with a woman standing behind the register counter.

"The customer's always right!" I heard a male voice shout faintly from inside the shop.

"Well, looks like it's your lucky day," the man said. I looked up at him to see that he was now looking in the window as well, a disgusted look on his face. "That's him."

"Really?" I was shocked, but excited.

The man smiled down at me sweetly. "Good luck with your report. And be careful."

"Thank you, I will," I told him with a wave as I smiled back. "Goodbye." I then entered the store where the yelling was coming from. It was a clothing boutique, and an expensive one at that. Other than the two people arguing at the register, I only saw one other lady, wearing a light blue sundress and oversized sunglasses, in the store. She was looking through the racks as if she either couldn't hear the argument, or it wasn't a big deal.

"It's a rip off and you know it!" the teen barked at the woman behind the register. I stepped a little closer so that I could have a clear visual of what was going on. He was dressed fairly nicely for a guy his age-his royal blue skinny jeans and black-and-white plaid shirt really complemented his tawny skin complexion. I assumed that was Winder Feight.

"Listen, Ace, I already told you that those jeans are $60.99," the woman told him sternly. Yep, it was definitely Winder. "And I'm not going to tell you again."