This Song Is About...

If you enjoy this story, please comment and vote! It really helps me out. If you have any requests, comment them below! -Allison

Rough Trade, Brooklyn, NYC

At 7:50 PM, you stand in the bathroom, looking at yourself in the mirror. Fixing your hair, you take a deep inhale, and a long exhale. Even after almost a month of touring, before each show, you feel sick with nerves. Maybe it's because you're afraid to mess up, or to show this vulnerable side of yourself with your music, or because you know almost every girl in that audience hates your guts because their beloved Finn is in love with you. You fidget with your stage outfit a bit, sparkly black shorts and a black mesh top, until you look the most presentable you can.

Someone pounds on the door.

"You're on in 5, Y/N!" calls your tour manager.

"Be right out!"

"Alright. I am strong, capable, and have done this before. I'm going to have a great show tonight." you recite to your reflection. A big deep breath and you walk out the bathroom door, to the green room backstage.

Your boyfriend of three years, Finn, sits on the couch. Even after being together for so long, you still get butterflies when he looks at you. Beautiful brown eyes, perfect curls, defined facial structure, he is the epitome of perfection. How did you get so lucky?

He stands up, and envelopes you in a loving hug.

"I don't know why you get so nervous before every show, honey. You are perfect every time. You're the greatest performer out there!" He says quietly. You gaze up at him as he smiles down at you.

"It's just scary going out there in front of all those people. Rough Trade is a big deal."

"I know it is. But before you know it, your set will be over, and you can come crash back here with a beer while it's my turn! And if you ever feel scared, just look to your left, and I'll be right there, watching you." He lovingly adds.

You chuckle. "Stalker,"

He kisses your forehead. The crowd starts to chant your band's name. Your bandmate, Adam, walks into the green room from downstairs.

"You ready?" Adam asks.

"Ready as I'll ever be." You express as you and Finn let go of each other.

"Thank you for bringing me on this tour. I can't thank you enough. I love you." You look up at Finn.

He smiles, and crashes his lips onto yours. Every kiss with him feels like the first.

"Thank you for being the light of my life." He whispers. You melt.

"Come on, lovebirds, the crowd is getting antsy!" Adam calls. You almost forgot he was standing there.

"Good luck, baby." Finn wishes as you walk away with Adam. You look back at him and smile. As you two walk to the stage entrance, Adam turns around and winks at Finn. You don't think much of it.

Your other two bandmates wait side stage, guitar and bass in hand. They count down and the four of you walk out on stage, the crowd screaming a deafening roar. Every show, as soon as your feet hit the floor of the stage, you feel at home.

"Hello New York!" you call into the microphone.

"How's everyone doing tonight?"

The crowd answers with a bellow.

The first song starts, and you glance over to stage left, where behind the curtain, Finn and the rest of Calpurnia stand, cheering you on. Your heart warms up.

The set flies by in no time.

"Thank you, good night! Calpurnia is next!"

The audience applauds as you exit the stage, nearly jumping into Finn's arms.

"That was incredible!" He laughs.

"That was the best show of the whole tour! Most fun I've ever had!" I beam.

"We should get out there. Our turn for the fun!" Ayla smiles. After kissing you deeply, Finn runs out on stage. The crowd goes mental.

You dance on the side of the stage, with an ice cold beer, as Finn predicted. He knows you too well. He glances over at you during a guitar solo, and your knees weaken. God, he's beautiful, especially when he's all sweaty and doing what he loves. You bite your lip and think proudly to yourself 'that's mine'.

"We have one more song for you guys," Finn announces. "We're going to try something new. This song is about Y/N."

He looks over at you to smile as your hand finds it's way to your chest. You are overwhelmed with adoration. What a wonderful man.

"Y/N, will you actually come on back out for this one?"

You laugh, putting down your beer. Walking out to him, the song starts. "Sit here," he says into your ear, motioning to a stool in between him and Ayla. He puts down his guitar and approaches the microphone to sing.

The lyrics are just absolutely beautiful, the melody flows, it brings tears to your eyes. How did you get so damn lucky? To have this incredible man write songs about you, and take your band on tour to do what you love most?

You look out to the crowd as the song comes to an end, smiling. Suddenly, they scream louder than they have all night.

Slightly alarmed, you look around - to find Finn, down on one knee, microphone in one hand, and a ring in the other.

"Y/N, will you marry me?"

You nearly fall of the stool. You start to cry, so does Finn, so does Calpurnia, your bandmates, and almost everyone in the crowd.

"Hell yes!" You yell. The audience roars, and Finn slides the ring on your finger, tears streaming down his face. You two kiss more passionately than ever before, pulling away to look out at the crowd.

What a beautiful life you've built.