Revealations of the Heart

If you enjoy this story, please comment and vote! It really helps me out. If you have any requests, comment them below! -Allison

His hand pounded on the wooden door of your brownstone building. Rain poured. On one side of the door, he was freezing and soaking, on the other, was your warm, cozy apartment, adorned with books and movies and furniture you loved. It reminded him of you, so therefore, it comforted him.

You were startled awake by the knocking. Quickly glancing at your phone on the side table to check the time, you pulled on a robe and exited your bedroom. Who would be knocking at nearly 3 AM? Taking the extra precaution to grab the baseball bat hidden behind a large house plant, you tentatively opened the door. Finn stood in the rain.

"Hi." he said. He stared at you powerfully. You knew you had to invite him before your knees buckled below you.

"Finn? God, you're soaking, come in." you waved him inside.

He entered, closing the door behind him. "Let's get you dried off. I'll grab a towel, one second." He stood awkwardly, trying not to get any furniture wet.
You scurried into the bathroom, grabbing a clean towel, quickly checking to see how you looked in the mirror. Why the hell was Finn at your door in the middle of the night? And did you look okay? How did he manage to look good all the time?

You handed him the towel. Finn thought to himself "God, do I look okay? How does she look good even after being woken in the middle of the night?"

"Thanks," he began to dry himself off. "I'm really sorry to come so late - or early - either way, sorry."

"That's alright. Why are you here, are you okay?" you asked, making sure your robe was tied.

"Yeah, yeah I just um... I need to talk about something. Is it okay if we sit down?"

"Of course."

He followed you toward the couch. You turned on the electric fireplace, folding your arms across your chest, chilly and a bit afraid of what he was about to talk about. He, on the other hand, was infinitely more nervous than you. His hands shook as he scratched his already disheveled hair. You took a seat next to him. You noticed how the warm light of the fireplace brought out the features of his chiseled face.

"So... what's up?" you nervously asked.

"Okay, um..." he took a deep breath.
"I heard this song the other day. God, now I can't remember what it's called. But there's this lyric... 'Live your life on a marry go round, who starts a fire just to let it go out?' and, well, it just really made me really start thinking."

"That's a good lyric." you chuckled a bit at how disorganized his thoughts were.

"Any way... I'm just, I've come to realize that I can't live my life hiding any more. So I'm just going to be honest, even if it means losing my best friend in the whole world. Y/N, you mean everything to me. And not just as a friend. I love you. I'm in love with you and have been for a long, long time. Like, romantically. I think you're the most beautiful, smart, funny, talented, incredible, fun woman in the whole world, and I just, I couldn't take another second holding in this secret. Keeping it a secret is stupid. Because I want to be with you, so badly. So, I just... I hope you don't hate me. I know you don't feel the same... God. This was stupid. I'm sorry. It's just how I feel." he spilled out.

You raised your eyebrows. He kept his eyes on the floor. You put a steady hand on top of his shaking one. His eyes darted to you, afraid.

"Finn," you smiled. "I think you're incredible too. I feel so comfortable around you. You're talented, funny, hot, and so unbelievably kind. But you're the dumbest guy I know if you think I don't feel the same way."

His lips curled into a grin.

"Seriously?" he gasped.

You nodded.

"I love you too, Finn." you squeezed his hand gently.

He just laughed, beyond relieved. He looked at you lovingly with those beautiful brown eyes.

"What now?" you asked.

He answered exactly how you hoped he would. After all these years of wishing and wanting and hiding, Finn tilted his head, put a finger under your chin, and guided your lips to his. You kissed each other deeply, all those negative feelings of the past fluttering away. Both your stomachs filled with butterflies. Your hands made their way to each side of his face, while his right hand rested on your waist and the left on your right cheek. He held you a little closer before pulling away slowly, and you opened your eyes, unable to help but smile.

"Wow." you breathed. He put his forehead against yours.

"Oh!" he exclaimed. "The song. It was Dreams Tonight by Alvvays."

You rolled your eyes. "Kiss me."

Your lips crashed against his, he pulled you on top of him before standing up and carrying you to the bedroom.

And well,
you know what happened next.