Record Store

If you enjoy this story, please comment and vote! It really helps me out. If you have any requests, comment them below! -Allison

You were working at your part-time job at a small record store in Toronto. Sipping a coffee, you were organizing today's shipment in the front of the store and putting new releases on display in the window. The day had been slow. You had only sold one record, only a couple people had come in to view albums, and you were the only person working.

Thankfully, was almost closing... Just 30 more minutes until you locked up and went home to work on your own music... Something you were actually passionate about.

The front door bell rang and a man walked in. About 6'2, with dark, curly hair, glasses and a leather jacket, he sipped a drink from the same coffeehouse you'd been to earlier.

"Hi, welcome to Toronto Vinyl. Looking for anything in particular?" you asked, putting on your best friendly employee voice.

"Actually, yeah. Do you have the new Calpurnia record?" he asked.

You thought for a second. You didn't know of anyone by the name.

"Calpurnia..." you thought, clicking your tongue and darting your eyes around the store.

"I don't think I've heard of Calpurnia."

He laughed. It's my band."

Oh dear. How embarrassing.

"Oh God, sorry. I just um... I listen to really old stuff. Here, let's look in the C section." you blabbered.

He joked, "It's totally alright, we're nobodies."

"If your record is in the store, that's totally false!" you said as you lead him over to the shelf of beginning-with-C artist's records.

You started to file through them. "Here, Upside by Calpurnia?"

"That's the one!" he exclaimed. You handed him the vinyl and walked with him up to the checkout counter.

"So what kind of music does your band play?" you asked.

"I guess you could classify it as indie rock." he shrugged.

"That's the kind of music I play too." you scanned the record.

"Oh cool, are you in a band?" he sipped his drink.

"Not at the moment... I'm sort of just working on my own stuff right now. That will be $16, please."

The man handed you his credit card and you completed the transaction, then gave him the receipt to sign while you put the record in a bag. He took the bag from you, trading it for the receipt.

"Thanks for your help." he smiled.

"No problem. See you again soon."

He stepped back, glancing at you once more as he left the shop. You picked up the receipt to file and saw there was something written on the back of it...

Would love to get coffee!
Finn Wolfhard
XXX-XXX-XXXX
:)