Five

A/N This ones kinda short but I might put another chapter up today. I swear we are getting to the good stuff very soon (ish) this is kinda just filler. xoxoxo enjoy 

Rich's POV

In Richard Goranski's dreams, Michael Mell makes wild passionate love to me for 3 hours straight. (Although there's nothing straight about it)

Michael should never and will never find out about that. The way he leaned over and breathily whispered "In your dreams Goranski." has me weak at the knees. Or I would be weak at the knees if I wasn't confined to a hospital bed. I'm so hopelessly in love with Michael it's not even funny. The moment I "woke up" from my SQUIP I saw Michael for the first time since freshman year. Really saw, not a SQUIP induced hazy version. And who I saw was beautiful inside and out, and I want nothing more than to make the tan skinned dork mine.

It's just not meant to be. Un-squipped, lispy, pasty little midget Rich Goranski doesn't just get whatever and whoever he wants anymore. All I'm going to get now that I'm the real me is a ton of library books, and probably a fine for arson.

Stupid tic-tac.

Stupid me.

It just isn't meant to be.

Michael's POV

If I was actually attempting to flirt with Rich (which I totally absolutely am not) my skills are so horrid, they wouldn't even work on Jeremy's Macbook Pro hard drive.

Good thing I'm not trying to flirt with Rich at all. Because he's just my friend. My bro? I dunno. I'm pretty sure your heart isn't supposed to beat 10 times faster around your bro. Probably because that was a key tip off for me in seventh grade that my urges to kiss Jeremy were totally not platonic.

But I'm not into Rich.

Not. One. Bit.

I think.

As soon as I get home I rush down to the basement, eager to get high and forget all of my conflicting emotions.

"Hey Micah!" I let out a bloodcurdling scream.

"HOLY SHIT JERE. DON'T DO THAT TO ME. HOW DID YOU EVEN GET IN HERE?" I'm going to slap him.

"Chill out. Your moms let me in. Obviously." He rolls his eyes. I sit down on the beanbag next to him cautiously.

"Oh. Right. Uh. What are you doing here?" For a second I swear Jeremy looks like he's been shot.

"You're my best friend duh. And you know. Haven't been spending as much time with you as I should. Sorry bout that. Uhh. Video games?"

"Video games." We settle back into our beanbags, and our old routine.

Except something feels different, and despite my best efforts to subconsciously place a finger on it, I don't know what it is.