Ten

A/N kinda short again. I'm so busy ick I'm sorry. Also thank you for 200+ reads thats WACKY    xoxo Abigail 

Michael's POV

As soon as I get home I throw my bag onto the ground and bury myself under my covers. I had almost made it through the entire school day without seeing Rich, but as I was leaving my chemistry class, he was entering. We both stared shell shocked at each other for a moment, but then his bottom lip started trembling and he looked like he was going to cry, so I quickly hurried past because if he started crying I would start crying, and then it would just be a hot mess of sobbing.

I bury myself deeper under my heavy blankets, as if trying to suffocate the memories of today. Jenna Rolan saw Rich with Brooke and Chloe at the mall, shopping for prom. My heart aches. I don't even think I want to go to prom, I'll be the only one without a date, clearly.

I've been unlucky enough to love two people who I can't be with.

First Jeremy and now....

Wait.

Rich's plan for getting over Jeremy. Is now going to be Rich's plan for getting over...Rich.

Everything hurts and the tears are falling hot and heavy, almost scalding my skin, like I'm back in that bathroom, everything around me in flames.

And yet I still tearfully grab for my laptop, mindlessly browsing Amazon, Rich's gentle voice ringing in my ears.

"You have to treat yourthelf!"

By the time I fall into a fitful sleep my computer is almost dead, because somehow in my haze of grief I found myself looking at Rich's Instagram page, the one selfie we took in the hospital room captioned "when bae visits u in the hospital" blurred by my tears.

Rich's POV

I rorate in the mirror slowly, admiring myself.

That's new. Being able to look at my image and not be bombarded with a snide voice telling me something's not right, I can do better, I look sloppy. I look... good? Brooke and Chloe have picked out a smart black tux with a little red bow tie that perfectly matches my streak. I do another little spin. Brooke comes up behind me and places her hands on my shoulders.

"You look good Richie!"

"Thankth Brooke. Thank you for taking me and thuff."

"Anything for you luv. You look so damn good. Michael won't know what hit him." I turn around grasping onto Brooke for dear life.

"I juth. Really. Love him." I sob. I don't know what I did wrong, what it is about me that made Michael go stone cold and rush out of the room. But I know that I was lying to myself the whole time, kidding myself that maybe someone as good and beautiful as Michael could ever want to be with me.

"I know darling. I know. It's going to be okay." And for the third time in a row, I drown in the nightmares, sobbing into the willing arms of Brooke Lohst.