Chapter 6 - We're here for you! (Day 2)

*Ding dong, bing bong*

Ugh that bell is just getting so repetitive now! And why can't they change the announcement up a bit?

As you hear the morning announcement play again, you get up and prepare for the day once again. You plan to grab something quick for breakfast and then go and talk to Sayaka, before she gets attached to Makoto all day again. As cute as they are together, you don't feel like being a third-wheel.

Once you are ready you quickly head towards the dining hall, but as you leave your dorm you are greeted by...

"...Sayaka!"

"Good morning (y/n)!" The blue-haired pop star greets you with a smile on her face, almost appearing too awake for this early in the morning. "You seem so startled by me, is anything the matter?"

"No no nothing, I was just hoping to be able to speak to you today at some point and didn't expect to run into you so early!"

"Ah I see, I'm so relieved. I would hate to think that you were trying to avoid me!"

I mean, I wasn't necessarily avoiding you last night, I just didn't want to interrupt you and Makoto.

"Don't worry I knew that! It would've been pretty awkward then huh?" Sayaka chimes in unexpectedly.

"W-woah how did you-?"
"I'm psychic, didn't you know?" she gives you an innocent look before her smile widens and she reveals "Just kidding! I have really good intuition."

Yeah, being psychic would be more what the ultimate clairvoyant would be. Although Hiro doesn't seem that good at his talent...

You both reach the dining hall together so you ask Sayaka "So uh, is it okay if we can talk as we have breakfast? I urgently need advice on something." The sooner you sorted out this problem, the better, that's what you thought at least.

"Sure, I'm happy to help!" You both go to grab something to eat and then sit at one of the round tables together, as you try to form what you want to say in your head.

I don't want to seem too rude but I want to sort this out asap too! I think I'll start with a normal conversation though, after all we don't know each other that well.

As you both begin to have breakfast, you start to make conversation with Sayaka. "You and Makoto seem to be getting along well."

She pauses slightly and then gazes into her own cup, a slight blush on her cheeks and a grin on her face. "Y-yes I suppose we are. We did know each other in middle school after all, and I never had the chance to talk to him then so it was good to do that now!"

She's almost like me! A bit embarrrassed, visible blushing and she's clearly happy, but what caused it?

Sayaka suddenly recomposes herself. "It's nice to have someone you can trust in here, isn't it?"

Your thoughts instantly jump to Taka and how he's been there for you ever since this killing game started. You feel your cheeks warming up but you quickly slap them in an attempt to prevent it.

I guess it's embarrassing for me to start thinking off-track on my own. I should stick to the conversation.

"Yeah, it is, but..." you grip onto your cup tighter as if it is your only source of confidence. "I haven't been able to tell them about these problems I've had lately and Junko suggested I come to you for advice since you're going through something similar."

"Go ahead and explain. I'll help the best that I can!"

You inhale deeply, hold it in for a few seconds and then breathe out, trying to restart your mental state on the spot.

"Not long after the killing game begun, I started feeling these weird things. I'll be super happy but also extremely anxious and embarrassed all at once, my cheeks turning red at random and a weird fluttery feeling in my stomach. I hate feeling like this but I also really like it for some reason? Have you ever felt like this?"

Sayaka takes a bite from her breakfast and stares down in thought for a bit. "I see...so that's why Junko suggested me..." She swallows what's in her mouth and looks up at you.

"I have felt those things before, but they started before the killing game. I think it was around middle school they first started, and I've felt them ever since."

This news brings you joy, finally you can find out what's been wrong with you.

"So does this mean you can help me?"

She shifts slightly in her seat, but she remains to appear cheerful. "Ah...sorry (y/n) but, I think it's better for you to realize what these feelings mean. After all, the circumstances are different for everyone!"

Circumstances? I still don't understand that part...

"Just think of when you first felt this way, and what it's like for you when you do feel these things. I'm sure you'll find the answer soon!" As she finishes this sentence, Sayaka begins to gather her things ready to go. "I'm sorry there isn't much else that I can do, but I will support you however I can!"

"Thanks Sayaka, you've given me some food for thought. Oh and..."

"Yeah?"

"Tell Makoto I'm sorry for making him wait for you."
She turns to you, clearly shocked. "H-huh? How did you-"

"I'm psychic too!" You look towards her with a small grin and a wink on your face. "Nah, I guess my intuition is pretty good too!"

She gives a small giggle before walking off with her things, leaving you alone with your thoughts.

Welp, I guess I need to process things myself now.

You carry your breakfast things back to the kitchen and head out the door into the corridor at a slow pace, allowing you time to think about what Sayaka just told you.

When I first started feeling these things, huh? Well I thought it was because of the killing game and being in this school, but maybe it's not.

Suddenly you remember what Sayaka said.

She first felt like this in middle school! Wasn't that when she met...Makoto?

The dots all started to connect. Why Junko suggested talking to Sayaka, how it wasn't a symptom of anything Monokuma gave us, and why you felt this way all the time around a specific person. But as you recall your first encounter with these emotions, you suddenly stand motionless after noticing the one person you don't want to see right now standing in the distance; Kiyotaka Ishimaru.

Quickly, you run to hide around the corner near the closed bath house, hoping that he didn't spot you. Your heart begins to race, not just from your sudden sprint, and as you take a peek back in his direction, your mind states the obvious to you:

I have feelings for him!!

-

A/N: It's kinda weird writing free time events since it's not the same as in-game, where everyone talks to Makoto rather than the player. Anywayyy chapter 6 is complete! I hope you all like it :)