Expectedly Unexpected 1

• Dedicated to whoever my other half is. :) <3

“David, you are such a jerk,” said Tyler sleepily.

Once again, he was sleep talking – he has been sleep talking but saying the same thing five days in a row. Nathan, Mark and Drew – Tyler’s best buds, can hardly sleep for a week since they all sleep in one room. It is still dawn, actually six o’clock in the morning.

“His snoring? I can manage that. But not this! Ugh!” says Drew, still with his morning crooked voice.

“Dude, I can’t even make sense to what he’s saying. Do you even know who David is? Huh? Do you, do you?” Mark added, poking Nathan.

“Uh. No way, man. Tyler’s not the chit-chat thing. He barely speaks of his life,” answered Nathan subconsciously.

“I know right. I’ve been with him since the third grade but I barely know his life,” said Mark.

“Mark, we’ve all been together since the third grade,” teased Drew.

“Wha- Oh,” Mark mumbled, he was the slowest among the four. He usually forgets things. He actually thought of himself having dementia. “Huh, whatever you say. Just go back to sleep, you morons,” continued Mark, speaking in an inaudible voice but still sounding annoyed.

Tyler’s best buds regard him as the most obnoxious and nuisance since he started sleep talking. Drew is the closest to Tyler; they all had been together since their third grade. But still, neither of them knew each others’ lives. True, boys are not into emotional chit-chats and such.

Nevertheless, the three went back to sleep, snoring even louder than Tyler. They all slept in two double-deck beds inside a middle-sized plain room (well, except for the NBA posters posted on their walls). Basketballs, jerseys, rubber shoes are all mixed up in the room. Sure, they all are in the basketball team.

“David, you are such a jerk,” repeated Tyler.

It is now eight o’clock in the morning. The sun shone brightly inside the room through the slightly opened blinds in the rusty window. Tyler moved slightly, causing the bed to creak. His bed was way too small for a 6-foot tall guy like Tyler. He was big for his age, he is sixteen and he is even taller than his three best buds, who are all seventeen.

The sun’s bright rays reached Tyler’s eyes, awaking him. He slightly opened his eyes and flinched as he saw the sunlight. He was slightly blinded by the light and almost fell. He sat down, his golden hair still messy and his green eyes still blurry.

Tyler is the ideal man, the man-of-your-dreams kind of guy. Gorgeous, wholesome, beautiful are just few words girls use to describe him. His green eyes are so mesmerizing that it’s possible to stare at his eyes for a whole day. He is the most beautiful thing you’ll ever lay your eyes on.

He is now wide awake, and realizes that he is late for school. He quickly stood up and got a little off-balanced and went straight ahead to the bathroom. He took a bath for like five minutes, brushed his teeth and got dressed. Now, he is in his usual khakis and pale beige pullover. It only took him a minute to wear socks and his favorite white shoes. His kind of get-up isn’t very common to jocks like him, but he doesn’t really bother.

“Bro, I’mma take off now. I’m late,” said Tyler with his beautiful voice, looking at his silver Guess watch, seeing 8:30 am. Shit, he thought.

“Yeah, okay. We’re late too. But who cares, right? I’m coming in a few minutes. Mmm-hmm,” says Drew, and was out in a few seconds.

“A’ight. See you in the court later,” then Tyler’s voice trailed away.

His motorcycle’s engine roared into life and made it to the school in no less than 10 minutes. Shit,man. It’s 8:40. I’ve got 20 minutes for Biology. Tyler thought.