Chapter 15

Skylar stood in the shower letting the water flow over her as she thought about everything that has happened the past few days, she turned off the water and then stepped out of the shower. She dried off and walked back into her room to get dressed.

She walked into her living room to see Isaac standing in the door way looking at Grace's body which was wrapped in a sheet "I put a spell on her that preserves her body until we can throw her a funeral." Skylar said causing the wolf to spin and look at her, Isaac didn't reply instead he walked over to Skylar and wrapped her in a hug "I didn't really know her but from what I've heard she seems amazing." The blonde said after a few minutes of silence "she was." Was all Skylar told him.

"You wanna talk?" Isaac asked but Skylar shook her head "I have to get things ready for the funeral." She said as she pulled away "Okay." Isaac nodded and turned to leave "you can stay and help if you want." She told him as his hand met the door handle "of corse I'll help." Isaac said turning back to look at her "what do you need me to do?"

"I'm going to do a spell so we can get to mystic falls and talk to my moms friends." Skylar explained and Isaac nodded, Skylar ran upstairs and grabbed her grimoire and started an astral projection spell suddenly Skylar and Isaac were standing in the middle of the Salvatore house as Caroline, Bonnie, Stefan, Damon, Tyler, Alaric and Matt were all talking in the parlor "Sky?" Damon asked as he looked at the teen confused

"Hey day." She said with a small smile "I need to talk to you, all of you." They all nodded and listened as Skylar explained what happened to their former friend. Once she finished her story everyone had mixed expressions on their faces "are you okay?" Stefan asked and Skylar shrugged "were having a funeral for her in a few days in beacon hills. But we have to go back home and get everything ready." The mystic falls group nodded and Skylar brought her and Isaac back to her house.

A F E W D A Y S L A T E R

Skylar stood looking at her outfit in the mirror, she was wearing a black tank top with black jeans a black cardigan and black knee high boots. She was wearing the ring her mom gave her and a silver crescent moon bracelet, she has her hair in a braid on the side of her head.

"Ready to go?" Kol asked and Skylar sighed deeply "am I ready to say goodbye to the one parent who actually cared about me?" Skylar asked sarcastically and Kol sighed as he leaned on the doorway "I know it's hard but we need to do this." Skylar nodded. The two walked out of Skylar's house and went to Beacon Hills preserve.

Kol and Marcel placed Grace's body on a wooden raft and light the torches on the bank, Marcel pleased the sheet over Grace's body and took a step joining the rest of the group, Skylar just stood staring at her mom from Isaac's side, not saying a word as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Tyler cleared his throat before he started to speak "my sister was one hell of a person, she was dedicated to the people she cares about, protective, loving and she was someone who would always have your back, she didn't judge you for what you've done and she was always there if you needed her. Through everything that happened in mystic falls she always had my back when I needed her, no matter how bad I screwed up. She was the best sister I could ask for, she was an amazing mother and above all she was an amazing person."

Caroline was the next one to speak "me and grace May have had a falling out when she told us she was pregnant but she was still there for me when I needed her, even after I was a bitch to her. That's just the type of person she was, she was the type of person you can never forget, and I know I never will."

Bonnie grabbed Caroline's hand before starting to speak "I remember the day I told her I was a witch, I thought she would think I was crazy but instead she just looked at me and said 'so your a witch and I'm a werewolf? Well this is one hell of a friendship huh?' She was always up to help with any spell I needed no matter how hard to do she would always say 'your my friend any problems you have or supernatural fight you get involved in I will always be there for you and I will always fight with you.' She was an amazing friend, mother and sister and I will miss her. I hope where ever she is she is at peace."

Stefan looked at his brother who was standing stone faced before sighing "Grace was one of my first friends in mystic falls, she figured out I was a vampire and of corse had a whole arsenal of twilight jokes ready but she always had my back, even when I was in my ripper faze and I'll never forget that."

Kol wrapper his arm around his niece before talking "when I first met Grace I didn't much like her but the longer I knew her the more I started to care about her and eventually she became my best friend, well up until I died. I know she is at peace watching over her daughter and family and I'm happy she will be at peace forever."

Scott was the next one to speak as he stood next to his mom "Grace helped me so much when I first turned even though I was an ass, she took me in and treated me like a son, she went out of her way to help me when she really didn't have to, so thank you for that."

Skylar was the last one to speak, she took a deep breath before starting "my mom went through a lot in her life and I know she didn't regret it but she wanted me to have a normal life, not something drowned in supernatural drama, she fought hard for that all of my life, and then we came to a werewolf ridden town with a supernatural beacon. But my mom was truly a caring and dedicated person and she went out of her way to protect me no matter what happened to her. She always felt bad about the supernatural drama even thought it wasn't her fault she still felt like she let me down by not giving me a normal life, but I wouldn't trade the crazy life I had growing up for anything. So thanks mom for always protecting me no matter what it cost you and thank you for being the best mother a person could ever ask for. I'm sorry this happened and I'm sorry I couldn't save you." When she finished she had tears rolling down her cheeks.

Bonnie used her magic to push the raft down the river and then lit it on fire as the group watched someone they care about float away.