Part 2

A few days after your arrival a huge feast is held for your family, or more precisely for Margaery. You aren't sure why you even make the effort to style yourself up, it's not like anyone is going to look at you anyway. It isn't always easy to live in your siblings shadow. Not that you're unattractive, rather the contrary, but unlike Loras and Magaery you tend to stay in the background to analyse the people instead of charming them while making small talk. As a result people tend to oversee you and even though you prefer not to be in the center of attention it kind of hurts.

Earlier this morning you begged your grandmother to let you stay in your room, reminding her how much you hated these celebrations. Much to your dismiss, she silenced you almost immediately. She told you once again the importance of your presence on a feast like this.

"You will have fun. There will be lots of young lords to talk to."

While your grandmother never betrothed you, she never misses a chance to bring up the fact that you're not married yet. You know how helpful a marriage can be for your house and even if you're beyond grateful Olanna never forced you into marriage you know it's only a matter of time till you need to find a suitable husband.

But that's easier said than done. The last thing you want is a man who only married you because of your name. A man who isn't interested in you at all and only sees you as a property. Since you were a child you dreamed about your knight in golden armor who cherishes and loves you with everything he has. But of course you know how unlikely that kind of love is in the world you live.

Knowing that you can't escape the hell people call a feast, you choose a simple white dress with flowing fabric which hugs your curves the right way. The neck line as well as the waist is embroidered with golden flowers and pearls. You combinate your dress with huge golden earrings and a few decent rings Loras gave you to your last name day.

The time passes faster than you would liked and moments after your handmaiden finished styling your hair for the evening your older brother knocks on your door. Together you walk to the main hall were the feast is held while he tells you Magaery is already there with her soon to be husband.

You can tell he isn't a fan of her marrying someone like Joffrey either but both of you realized long ago that you can't change hers nor Olannas mind.

By the time you enter the main hall and see all the noble ladies of kingslanding and nearby cities you can't help the upcoming self-doubts. Maybe you should have put more effort into looking pretty. You can't help but compare yourself to all these ladies. Once again you begin to feel insecure in your skin. Spotting your sister next to Joffrey reminds you of all the times in your life were you felt like you couldn't compare to your sister. She was a better lady through and through, you can't deny that.

In your eyes it's impossible for someone to choose you over her. She was perfect for you in every aspect and you would do everything to be more like her. You on the other hand are no one special, only the sister of the soon to be queen.

Sandors POV:

Sandor hates these celebrations. Noble men and women getting drunk while he has to protect this little brat, totally sober. The only glimmer of light is the opportunity to steal a bottle of overpriced wine after the annoying child is finally tired and goes to bed (which shouldn't be too late according to experience) and he can finally get drunk in a silent corner somewhere in the castle.

But right now he can't do anything but stay behind his king and watch the people he despises so much chatting and dancing while he has to listen to Joffrey showing off himself to his betrothed. Sandor feels sorry for this woman, she surely deserves some one better than him.