Part 4

The next half an hour you take the opportunity to get to know the man in front of you a bit better. You learned his real name is Sandor, but most people only refer him as the Hound or even worse, dog. Right from the beginning you decide to never call him by his titles, you will call him by his real name.

Unknown to you Sandor can't get enough of the way you call his name. Even though he would never admit it, he loves the way you always smile while saying his name. A smile only for him.

During your conversation you tell him a bit about your family and how you got here but he interrupts you right away:

'Listen little flower, I'm not here to talk about your sister or the rest of your family. If I wanted getting to know them, I would just talk to them.'

And just like that he gets you speechless. First of all, you can't stop a deep blush appearing on your cheeks at the petname he just gave you. Second, never once in your life did anyone stop you from talking about your family. On the contrary, most people only approach you to get closer to your sister. It was always like that in High Garden and happenend again during the feast a few days ago (Well, apart from this prick).

And as if that isn't enough, the look Sandor gives you holds nothing but adoration for you, something you never witnessed before in your life.

So yeah, you have no idea how to react.

The next half an hour you take the opportunity to get to know the man in front of you a bit better. You learned his real name is Sandor, but most people only refer him as the Hound or even worse, dog. Right from the beginning you decide to never call him by his titles, you will call him by his real name. , he takes a step backwards and let you know he needs to find the king. Sadly, this spoiled child can't be left unprotected for too long.

The minutes after he left you think about your conversation. It seems like Sandor is truly interested in you, not in your family nor the benefits of your house. That feels quite surreal to you which makes you wonder whether you're reading too much into the conversation. Despite your insecurities, you can't deny the fact you're heart beating so intensily, making the blood in your veins feel boiled and your whole body shiver during the conversation with him. He just stood a few feet away from you and you never had the opportunity to admire him from such a short distance before. His deep brown eyes let you feel funny things in your tummy and every time your eyes meet you get completely lost in them.

But still, you would never put your hopes up. One conversation doesn't mean he's interested in you in any way. Regardless of how great that would be, no one says he wouldn't choose your sister over you if he was given the chance, or every other women for this matter.

Sandors POV:

The whole day he can't stop thinking about you. He hates this bastard of a king for treating you like shit and he hates himself for not doing anything to stop him. But unfortunately, he knows this would only make it worse for both, you and him.

He doesn't know what he thought when he decided to follow you. Sandor isn't the type of man who talks about other people's feelings. Especially not about the feelings of a probably 20 years younger, lovely noble lady from a important house. She shouldn't talk with someone like him, she should spend her time searching a lord to marry, with a castle far away from Joffrey and the dangers in Kingslanding.

He's certain she gets tons of proposals, after all she's perfect.

What the hell is he thinking? Since when does he have such feelings? Romantical feelings?! He thought they died a long time ago alongside his happiness.

But here he is. Thinking about a woman he can't get who suffers because of someone he can't protect her from. Just fan-fucking-tastic.

Sandor needs to keep you at arm's length in order to forget about his raising urge to keep you just for himself. Never in a million years would you want to be with someone like him. A damaged, good for nothing dog without anything to offer. You can get someone prettier, wealthier and younger with ease. Fact is: You don't need him and certainly would never want him.

Moreover, talking to you was extremely awkward. Never before was he forced to comfort someone like this. No one ever wanted to get comforted by him anyway but this time he desperately tried to say something to cheer you up, he just didn't know what exactly he could say to lighten up your mood.

All he knew was he didn't like to see you crying and he has to stop it somehow.

The next evening after his guard duty Sandor finds a can of wine and a little apple cake on his table in his chambers. With a deep frown on his brows he opens the small card attached to the wine.

'I didn't get the chance to thank you for your kindness so far, so please accept and enjoy my little gift for you. Dearly, (Y/n)'