Fifteen

We walked downstairs, and his grip on my hand tightened as Justin came into sight.

"Okay, talk." I said, taking my hand away from Colby's and crossing my arms. "I'm sorry, okay? I don't know what got into me that day." He started. "So what? You just had a bad day or something?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "I guess, I don't really know." He shook his head. "So, you have a bad day. Someone pissed you off, so you go and find out you're sister was hurt. Then continued to accuse her of faking it for attention?" I asked.

"I didn't mean it like that." I scoffed. "Let me recite what you said for a second. You asked me why I didn't fight back, when you know damn well I can't. You call me weak, accuse me of faking it for attention. Then you just walk away. You hurt me, Justin. More then anyone ever has. Even with everything Matt did, he never said those things. He never meant as much as you did to me. We grew up together, Justin. I looked up to you. You were always my big brother, the one who protected me, and told me to stay away from boys." I let out a small laugh, weirdly finding this situation funny now.

"You were there for me when no one was." I stopped to breathe. "But I still am. I'm here." He said, stepping forward. "No, no you're not. You're not supposed to be scared to tell someone who means a lot to you that you were hurt. You're supposed to be able to be real with them. They aren't supposed to make you feel weak, vulnerable even under a simple gaze. That's what you do to me, Justin. You make me feel so small. Like I'm this kid that can't take care of herself. And you know more than anyone, I fucking hate feeling like that." I said.

"I didn't know you felt like that." He said, seeming genuinely surprised. "Now you do. And there's nothing that can fix it. The damage is done. Now, I'm gonna ask you once, leave." I said, feeling my heart break as those words came out of my mouth.

"Courtney, please?" He asked. "You heard her, man." Elton said, patting Justin's chest. "Courtney, you can't be serious." Justin said, laughing a little. "I am." I said. Elton pushed him towards the door. "You'll be running back. You can't stay away for too long." He said. "You know, that's exactly what Matt said." I said.

The boys got him out, and I turned around facing away from the door. "I'm proud if you." Colby said, rubbing my shoulders. "I literally just felt my heart break." I said, feeling the tears fall as I looked back at the door.

"I know, you'll get through it though." He said. "What if everyone else leaves me?" I asked, looking up at him. "You're not gonna lose anyone else, okay? You have me, the roommates. You will be fine. You've gotten through so much already." He said, looking me in the eyes.

I took a deep, audible breathe in then let it out. I nodded and closed my eyes for a moment, calming myself down. "You wanna go back upstairs?" He asked. "No, I wanna go out. I need to get out, get my mind off everything." I said, opening them again. "Okay, where do you wanna go?" He asked. "I don't know. Just out." I shrugged. "Okay, I'll find a place. You get cleaned up." He said. I nodded and went upstairs. I took a shower, and did my makeup.

I put on an outfit and walked down.

"Did you find somewhere yet?" I asked, sitting next to Colby on a love sac. "Yeah, I thought maybe we could go out for dinner, then maybe we could go somewhere. Just me and you." He said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, pulling me down against the back of the couch with him. I grabbed the hand that was wrapped around my shoulder and intertwined it with mine. I looked at him smiling. "Yeah? Sound good?" He asked. I nodded, biting my lip to prevent my smile from getting bigger.

"Let's go." We got up and walked to the car. Colby walked faster and opened the passenger door. "Princess." He said with a smirk. I let out a small laugh and shook my head. I felt my cheeks heating up. I got in and he closed the door.

I bit my lip as I watched him run around the front. He got in and started the car. I grabbed the aux cord and plugged it into my phone. Blackbear blasting through his speakers.

(Can I get an rip Colby's Corolla in the chat? What kind of car do you think Elton got for him?)

We jammed out for a while. I turned it down, curious on where he was taking me. "Where are we going?" I asked, leaning on the center console. We were stopped at a red light, and he looked over at me.

"It's a surprise." He smirked. "Colbbyyy." I whined, pushing on his arm. "Courtneeeyyy." He mocked. I pouted, resting my chin on his shoulder. He let out a small laugh, and he looked me in eyes. "You'll find out when we get there." He said, then he started driving. I slapped his arm and sat back in my seat. I crossed my arms and pouted more. Colby glanced over at me, and laughed. "You're adorable." He said, taking his hand and resting it on the back of my neck. I glared over at him, but he just smiled.