Twenty-One

I got Natalie back to the house and I gave her my bed. I told her I would just sleep in Colby's room.

"I can't thank you enough, seriously. You have no idea how much this means. I mean, just to know someone actually cares." She said. "No problem. And if you need anything, I'm right down the hall." I smiled at her. She nodded and I left.

I got into bed, and cuddled in the sheets. I heard my phone go off. I looked at it and Colby was trying to FaceTime me.

"Hey, babe." I said, smiling. "Hey, what did you do today." He asked. "Nothing. Slept, I went to taco Bell." I said. "Are you in my room?" He asked, laughing. "Uh, yeah. I uh. I met someone at taco Bell. Her names Natalie. She needed a place to stay so." I said. "How old is she?" He asked. "She's uh, she's 16." I answered.

"What? And she didn't have a place to stay?" He asked, surprised. "No, she told me her parents didn't like her. She's so young. I felt so bad. I know how that feels, being pushed down by the ones you loved and cared for." I furrowed my eyebrows. "How is she now?" He asked. "She's asleep. I let her sleep in my room." I said. "Okay, well. I should probably let you go to bed. Tell me how she is when you wake up?" He said. I nodded. "Yeah, bye." I smiled. "Goodnight." He smiled back.

I was just about to lay my head on the pillow, when I heard a knock. "Come in." I said. The door opened softly and in came Natalie. "Hey, can I, can I sleep with you? I just feel uncomfortable in a new space." She said. "Yeah, of course." I said, moving to make room for her. She closed the door and layed with me. Now I know how Colby felt when I would sneak in the middle of the night.

I stayed awake until she fell asleep, making sure she would be okay. I fell asleep soon after.

Mg eyes fluttered open and I looked around. Natalie was sitting in his desk chair, playing with her fingers. "How long have you been up?" I asked with a groan. "A few hours." She said softly. "You could've gone downstairs to eat something. I'm sure you're hungry." I said. "I know, I just didn't want to invade." She said. "Oh, don't worry about that. If there's anything you should know about everyone in this house, it's that they will make you feel like family no matter what. You're welcome to anything and anywhere in the house." I smiled.

I got up and we walked downstairs.

"You want me to take you home?" I asked, as we finished eating breakfast. "Yeah, I should probably get back. They think I'm over at a friends." She said. "Okay, well. Get you're things, we'll leave when you're ready." I said.

She got ready and we left. I made sure to give her my number in case she needed anything. Then I dropped her off at her house.

I got back and sighed in content. I walked inside and Corey and Devyn left a little bit ago for Florida. So it was just Aaron and I. "So, what do you want to do?" He asked, as I sat on the couch next to him. "I don't know. Usually there's always something to do, but everyone's gone." I said.

"True." He agreed. We sat in silence for a few. "Wanna watch a movie?" I asked. "Sure." He said. We picked one out and watched it.