15. Tensed Reunion

Seoul, South Korea

Sapna sat in the garden of Kapoor Mansion, reminiscing the words she said to her husband. "Stay away from me, Mr Kapoor. And I am not your sweetheart. The only reason I am accompanying you is that I don't want to leave my daughter alone with you. Who knows you might do the same to her as you did to your sister!

'How could I say that? Haven't I seen him feel guilty? Haven't I witnessed his nightmares?' she thought. The feeling of guilt was eating her up. She had seen her husband trying hard to find his sister. She knew his guilt. She knew his pain. She hurried towards her room.

Sapna-Rajat's Room

Sapna entered the room only to see Rajat standing near a broken mirror. His eyes were expressing his agony and his hand....it was bleeding. Her eyes widened in horror. She felt her legs go numb. She couldn't move or speak. And then suddenly, Rajat looked at her. Their eyes met and she was pulled in a bone crashing hug. 

"Please don't hate me so much Sapna. Please. I love Sara. I will never hurt her. Please Sapna. Trust me once. Meera has already left me. You also.....please Sara is my only reason to live. Please Sapna......" He could not speak further. Sapna felt her shoulder and back getting wet. His eyes and blood were affecting her clothes but what affected her heart was his words. Today for the first time she realized how lonely he was. Always afraid of his father, he founded peace in her. And what did she do? Left him alone. Yes, he did wrong but wasn't he guilty? His sister had left him. Wasn't this punishment enough that she too decided to punish him? Wasn't staying away from him enough that she questioned his love for their daughter? 

Her hands wrapped around him. She rubbed his back, trying to calm him. He pulled away and looked into her eyes. Sapna led him to the bed and made him sit down. Taking out the medical kit, she bandaged his hand and kissed it. Her simple gesture brought peace to Rajat. Finally, he could feel her love.

Three Days Later

Lucknow, India

Rajat, Sapna and Sara walked out of the airport and were greeted by a man. "Good evening Sir, I am Dinesh Gupta. Mr D'Souza had informed me of your arrival." Rajat nodded at him and they followed him to a car. As they sat inside, Sapna asked Rajat, "Why have you brought me here, Rajat? We don't have any memories with this city." Rajat smiled  faintly and asked in return, "Why Dream, you don't want to meet Meera?" Sapna looked at him surprised. "How did you know?" she asked him. He sighed and replied, "Later Dream.

Within forty minutes, the three of them, along with Dinesh, were standing in front of St Joseph Hospital. Sapna looked at Rajat in fear. "Aryan," he whispered. They hurried towards the place where Meera was. 

Rajat's heart was throbbing faster than usual. He was going to meet his sister after five years. How will she react? Will she forgive me? Does she hate me? He was afraid, happy, worried and what not. Holding Sara in his arms, he hurried behind Dinesh. Sapna was holding his another hand. She was worried for Aryan. What could have happened to him? The question tormented both husband and wife. They prayed to God. 

And then finally, they saw her. Dressed in a blue kurta and black leggings, thinner than before, sat Meera. Her face had lost the sparks. Tears were flowing down her eyes. She was afraid for her husband. Rajat took a deep breath. The time had finally arrived. He felt Sapna move past him. He saw both the friends hugging. He saw Meera looking at him.......

_______________________________________

So, how is it?

I can't think of a name for this chapter. Suggest one.....

So, how will Meera react? 

And why is Aryan in the hospital?

~Purnima

P.S. Please read my book 'The Serial Killer'. It is a murder mystery.