Chapter thirteen

Isabelle's point of view

I looked around for Ashton, but couldn't find him anywhere in the halls. I even checked his bedroom. I walked around curiously but alerted, hoping nothing happened in the few minutes I was with Calum.

A door unlocked and he walked out of the bathroom, making me mentally facepalm. I'm so stupid. I guess it's lack of sleep that's making me forget some things. "What did you need to talk about?" he asked me.

"I need more information," I said simply and he looked at me confused. "There is some things I should have asked as soon as I got here, but never did."

"What is that?" He asked me, sounding a bit worried.

"Is there anyone close to you guys that the media know about?" I asked him and he took a second to think about it. He nodded and I asked, "Who?"

"There's Ally, Calum's close friend. She lives near by and then there's Chanel, Luke's girlfriend." He said and I nodded. "Why so important?"

"Because they could be in trouble." I said. "They're targets aswell because they mean a lot to you. It's a cliche bad guy move. Hurt them by hurting the ones closest to them. Seen it happen millions of times." I explained before he had the chance to question why.

"So that means?" he asked me and I mentally face-palmed.

"It means they're in trouble Ash." I said, using his nickname on accident. "But the different between them two and you guys is they don't have an agent protecting them. They have no one protecting them."

"Oh," he said and I nodded, muttering a 'yeah'. "Can't they just stay with us for awhile? That way so you can protect all of us?"

"That's a way to solve it." I said. "But the house is trashed. So we need another place to stay. I'll talk to Leo about it tomorrow morning."

"Okay," he said and it was silent between us. Suddenly he spoke up and said the words I never thought I'd hear come out of his mouth.

"I'm sorry,"

"Hmm?" I asked him, wanting him to repeat those two words. He sighed and repeated them which made me smile. "It's fine. But I want to know why."

"Why what?" he asked me confused.

"Why were you so rude? So against me?" I asked him, genuinely curious. "Why do you seem to hate me?"

"I don't hate you," he said and I didn't believe it one bit. "Okay fine, I used to. But it was only because I hated the idea of someone risking their lives for me. Especially a teenage girl."

"Teenage?" I asked amused. "Do I really look that young? I would have thought being an agent for years would have caused you to look older, not younger."

"So you're not like seventeen, eighteen, or nineteen?" he asked confused and I shook my head.

"I'm twenty. Who the hell told you I was eighteen, or seventeen?" I asked, finally noticing how off topic we were.

"Leo said you were eighteen?" Ashton told me confused. "Why would he lie to us?"

"It's just an age, it doesn't matter." I said, waving it off, wanting to get back on topic. "But you never answered my other questions."

"Oh yeah," he said and scrunched up his face a bit. "I guess I was just irritated? I don't know. I didn't like the fact you're here risking you life for us, so I used that as a reason to hate you. And since you were really irritating when we first meant, I figured you were a, well a bitch."

"A flight from California to Australia in very uncomfortable seats will turn you into a irritable person." I said. "Especially when you have to act like a babysitter to a bunch of grown men who are popstars. And having two of them look at you like you're meat. And them being afraid of a little spider. And having them drop so much glass. And h-"

"I understand." he said, cutting me off. "We're an annoying bunch, I know. I've lived with these idiots for more than two years. You get used to it and become an idiot yourself."

"Also I need you to pack up," I said, trying to keep from an awkward silence. "We're gonna go stay somewhere else while I have this place fixed up."

"With who?" he asked worried. "I don't wanna bring an innocent into this."

"I'll figure that out in the morning." I said and he nodded. "But until then, it remains a mystery."

"This is totally off topic but does it hurt?" he asked and I hummed questionably. "Walking around with so many cuts and scratches? Don't they sting or hurt?"

I shook my head as I looked at my body. My clothes were blood stained and dirty and the skin that was revealed was covered in dirt and blood, not to mention cuts. "No. You get used to it after three years. How's your neck?"

"How'd yo-"

"A bloody t-shirt was pressed against your neck when I first saw you. When you looked up at the ceiling fan I saw a cut. It wasn't hard to tell." I spoke and he nodded.

"Soo," I said, trying to fill in the awkward silence that filled the room. "I'm gonna need you to call the girls tomorrow and explain everything. Because I doubt they already know everything. You don't even know everything yet."

He nodded and I continued speaking. "And you're gonna need to pack some bags and ve up early because we're gonna talk to Leo at around ten." He nodded once again and then yawned. "Get enough sleep, tomorrow's gonna be a busy day."

He nodded and said goodnight, as he pushed my out of his room. "Good night Ashton."

It's 2:24 am and I can't sleep so an unedited chapter written while I was screaming along to Green Day. I hope you don't cringe at how bad this chapter was. Love you guys.