Chapter twenty-eight

Isabelle's point or view

"Isabelle," Chanel said as she walked in. "I heard you wanted to see me."

"Leo said you couldn't come near me, or the boys, or Ally," I said and she shrugged. "Attacking me while I'm in a hospital bed will be pretty low ya know." I said and she walked up to me.

"I'm not gonna hurt you," she said and I rose an eyebrow. "I almost killed you, yes, but I just wanna talk," she said, and then eyed the people beside me. "alone."

"No way. You've cau-"

"Sure," I said, shocking everyone in the room. "If you try anything, I'll get Leo in here and you'll never see daylight again," I threatened and she nodded. "Boys, Ally, would you mind?"

"Uh n-no," Ashton said and then they all started walking out. "We'll be outside if you need us." Ashton said and I nodded. They left the room and I looked at Chanel, motioning for her to speak.

"I just-I don't know why I'm here, actually. I know you don't trust me, and I know I don't deserve it, but I was thinking about what you said." she said and I nodded.

My hand inched towards the red button to call Leo as she put her hands in her pockets and sighed. "I'm clean. I don't have anything on me." she said and I nodded. Heard that before.

"What was it that I said? My memory is a haze right now." I lied. I remember every word I said to her perfectly, I just wanna hear her say it.

"You er asked me to join you're company, to be an agent with you." she said and I nodded. Time to push personal probelms with her away and put the job first.

"That's gonna involve trust ya know? And it's quite obvious that I do not trust you." I said and she nodded. "However, give me some time, I'll talk to my boss, arrange a little something something for you, and maybe, just maybe, he'll let you join."

She nodded and suddenly I spoke up. "Look, I don't know you on a personal level. I don't know the problems in your life. But I do know that Luke is somewhat important to you. And you're important to him. I w-"

"He doesn't need me. Look, I almost killed you. And I just stood there and watched as the guys hurt him, Michael, Ashton, Calum, and Ally. Why would he still need me?" she asked and I sighed.

"Because once you're in love with someone, you can't just fall out of love with them with the snap of a fingers. And I know Luke, somewhat. He loves you and if you prove you aren't gonna try to kill me again, and have changed, he'll let you back in." I said and she nodded.

"But let me ask you this, why the sudden change in heart?" I asked her. "Few hours ago you were gonna rip my head off, and now, you're well, not?" I said, unable to word it right.

"I had a talk with Leo," she said and I nodded. He's a miracle worker. "He kind of made me realize what you were tying to show me back in the basement. How David didn't need me and yeah..." she trailed off and I nodded.

I didn't trust her, not one bit. However, I did have a heart. I did feel bad for the girl. "And Luke's the only thing I have now ya know? David's dead. My parents are dead. My relatives think I'm dead." she said and I nodded.

"If you're not gonna stab me, then come here," I said and she hesitated. I set my fingers on the red button in precaution and then she walked over. She sat on the side of my bed and I chuckled.

"Look, I know the feeling of not having anybody." I said and she looked at me. It was weird to see her with eyes full of tears. The last I saw her, her eyes were full of anger and she was holding me back as the dude stabbed me and cut me.