Chapter 18: Reconcile

Mensis' P.O.V~

I was awaken by a light rustle to my blanket and some beeping noise that's why i decided to open my eyes and i was greeted with the white ceiling that made my eyes blink for a few times to adjust, I averted my eyes from the ceiling and saw a man looking at me intently. I look at him back and that made him smile a little bit "Where I am?" I asked with my groggy voice, he suddenly stands up and filled one of the cups from the table and gave it to me, i took it and drank the water on it greedily
"You're at the pack hospital, the doctor would be here soon.." he said and i just choose not to respond and instead i look at the cup i am holding that is now empty.

I suddenly remembered what happened and i look at him trying to find any signs of him getting hurt while rescuing me, I'm just actually too tired to shout or be mad, I am just grateful that he saved me despite of me pushing him away..I sighed and looks at the wall while thinking what shall i do when i got discharge from the hospital

"Mensis?" He suddenly calls out for my attention i just look at him and didn't utter any words

"Mensis, i am.. I am really sorry for what have i done to you..."he said almost crying..

My eyes widen from surprise but he didn't spare any moment for me to react before he spoke again "I was so scared... I thought i was about to lose you forever...I've been protecting you for a long time.."

He took my hand squeezes them gently, as if afraid that my flesh and body will shatter.."My father..my father threatened me on harming you..at first i didn't believe but..i was wrong..there were people who've been stalking you..."

He spoke with a broken voice and burried his face to my falm and soon i felt warm water trickled down on them as i saw his shoulder shaking.."i thought i could do it without involving you..but..i just..hurt you a lot...i feel so cornered, my mom died and i am lost of what to do...I..mensis..I'm so sorry.."

This man..this strong looking man..who was as if cannot be shaken by any kind of storm or earthquake, is now...in this state..his back is hunch and shaking, crying with tears and looking devastated, the strong man image he created totally shattered.

I reached out my hands aroud his hunched back and shoulders and hugged him tightly..the hug was full of longing and love..

The two of us didn't utter any word..but only soft sniffing and snobbing could be heard..

My eyes were watery and can't help but shed tears..

Victor's current state looks so haggard, as if he had no time to sleep..i am fully touched..first he didn't give up on me..and did his best to protect me on the way he knows..

Victor suddenly moved and cupped my cheeks with both of his hands..wipes my tears and kissed my eyelids..

"if i ever came late..i don't know..if i lose you..i don't know what will i do..the time we were separated was like hell..and if you'd be gone forever..then..how...i can't..i love you so much mensis..so much.."his Adams Apple were bobbing as his voice cracks continuesly and tears gushing out from his face..

I looked at him intently and my heart feel warm and happy..i chuckles and smiled before leaning closer to him and  kisses him on his lips..

Victor was taken aback from my action but soon he responded, the kiss wasn't brisk or hurried..it is full of tenderness and passion, longing and love, the heart feels connected again as they both emitted a warmth glow that only inlove people could produce..

"I love you so much too victor.."i whisper tenderly between our kisses..Victor's movement pauses for awhile before kissing me again..

But his tongue shoves in my mouth and explored every corner, constantly rubbing and intertwining our tongue, the kiss is full of heat and passion..

But before anything could happen..

There was a knock on the door..

I pushed victor away from me and wipes my lips as i try to catch my breath "some..someone's knocking.."i said breathlessly while blushing and avoiding victor's greedy eyes..

He sighed and spoke impatiently"come in." It was brief but precise..

Someone opened the dooe and came in with a white coat and iron board, holding my records..

Victor suddenly stood up and greeted the man "Tim, it's you.."

The man in white coat nods and looks at my way..

Victor noticing Tim's line of sight rudely waves his hand in front of us and look at Tim with a stoic face.."how is he?"he asked directly..

Tim adjusted his white coat and look at me then victor..

"luna is fine...but there's something we must confirm..and it will...cause shock from the pack.." the Doctor Tim said mysteriously as he looks at my way once again..

I pointed to myself..as if sayinng..."me?"

_____________________________________
I'll try wrapping this story up soon!