Team

Nat walked through the silent corridor toward her old apartment room, hesitating before walking in. could she go back to this life: the life of having a family. She had missed it, but would never admit it. The door creaked slightly as she entered. Surprisingly the bed was made and everything was exactly how she left it. She walked into the bathroom, yep nothing had changed, a tube of crusty old toothpaste lay next to the sink. It was if she'd left for Verona yesterday. So much had changed.

Nat went to a draw and took out clothes, lucky her style hadn't changed thinking as Nat pulled on more comfortable trousers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve took a mug from the cupboard and reached for the coffee granules. The faint bubbling of the kettle masked the incoming steps of Natasha. Her light feet undetectable. The morning light shone into the kitchen exposing the bags under both their eyes. A small nod of 'morning' was all the interaction of that conversation. Nat wasn't a morning person, Steve knew this and just kept his distance although he would have usually gone out for a run with Sam these days but recently he couldn't exactly show his face in public.

Just as he was swirling the dissolving coffee beans into the boiling water Tony entered clearly from the lab. No sleep. Again only a nod from Tony, even though things had been sorted last night, tension was still evident in the air.

It was later in the day during the meeting that the Tension surfaced. They were gathered round the large table in the office glass panels sealing the room. The Captain took the first word.

"This town was levelled easily but no radiation detected so no nuclear weapons were present. We need to track this guy 'Maelstrom' I think. He is enhanced in some way and knowing would put us at an advantage." Tony sat straighter and pulled up several holograms on the table while typing onto the keypad.

"He had a thick British accent, but he could be anywhere. Several scars on his face but there was one horizontal across his nose." Wanda narrowed her eyes trying to picture him

"That's an ancient Asian Criminal mark traditional of them to label him." Nat pointed at Tonys' notes. "But they haven't been used for decades."

"got it!" Tony swiped his fingers bringing up a file. "Alexander Maelstrom, A scientist on an outreach project to Thailand from the London Institute. He was in a remote village when he came into contact with something, I have no idea what the report isn't clear but the village was blown up and he was the only survivor-"

"or cause." Sam chipped. Tony carried on images of Killian flashed across his eyes before carrying on.

"He was sent to prison where he was presumably marked for mass murder. He was transferred to the Shield high security vaults eight years ago in New York. He then escaped with the aid of some friends should we say. God this report is vague." Tony rolled his eyes as he finished looking up at Rogers.

"Who were the guys who got him out?" Tony franticly typed hacking into Shield files.

"A Mr James Badgedale and William Sadler who are currently living in a flat, Queens."

"Get the address and we will go and pay them a visit then." Sam stood up.

"FRIDAY?" Tony looked up.

"On it boss, I will have the information sent to your suit." They all got up to leave and get kited up.

"Everyone ready in five." The Captain finished. Tony walked out the room.