one

"as he read, i fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once"

- John Green, The Fault in our stars

______________________________

"I love you."

Three words, eight letters.

So simple, yet so meaningful.

So plain, yet so filled with emotion.

Those three words rang in Alan's ears and though they brought him immense joy, they also brought sorrow upon his fragile heart.

What would happen when he found out?

Alan forced himself to smile as he looked up at Ellis and said, "I love you too. So much."

It was true. Alan loved Ellis with all of his being. He loved Ellis like he was his soulmate.

Ellis probably was Alan's fated one, the one Alan was meant to live the rest of his life with and to cherish and love him as much as he possibly could.

Alan cuddled up into his love's chest, his head laid in the crook of Ellis' neck.

He breathed in Ellis' soft scent of vanilla and coffee as he let the dark skinned man slowly rake his hands through his fawn coloured hair.

Alan's eyes slowly fluttered shut as he listened to Ellis' steady heartbeat, and before he was sucked into the magical realm of his dreams, he heard a small click sound as the light on the bedside table was turned off.

Tomorrow, Alan would need to break the bad news to Ellis.

He knew it would break the poor man's heart but he couldn't hide this from him.

He just couldn't.

---

I'm already freaking sobbing oml save me

What do you think Alan needs to tell Ellis?